History Lesson

HORSEPOWER

We need some of our Texas tracks' to have a history section on their web sites. If you look at other web sites they have alot of history. You find info such as : when the track was built, past events, famous driver's, former champs, track records, etc. I think this is cool, we've had our share of big events, "The Big Shot", All Pro, "Octoberfast"(it can get bigger), well maybe not too many, but this can create a "tradition" and not just say like who cares who won, remind us. I'm sure racer's know, but let's get the fans interested and give them some history.

Check out this example:

http://www.southalabamaspeedway.com/history.htm

If I remember correctly Cup and Busch star Jamie McMurray race during October"Fast" one year. It was either the 1st or 2nd year when all the I-70 guys came down. I wish October"Fast" was that much fun again. What ever happened to the big Alamo city 150 or whatever for SLM that was suppused to kick off the season in SA?

I remember there was two K.C. COLORS car one year, John O'Neal was in the 1 car, was Jamie McMurray in the other or was he in another car? I know Aaron Daniel was in a red/yellow #5, he came here a couple of times, he raced Craftsman Trucks the last couple of years.

Who is Larry Hunter? What race did he win at October"fast" in 1998, was it late model or modified?

http://www.huntermotorsport.com/Intro.asp click on "Larry Hunter tab"

Larry Hunter drove a bad a$$ looking #8 black and bright green modified. He was from Colorado I believe and ended up finishing 2nd to John O'neal in the modified race in '97. I think he came back one more time but he didn't win. The year two K.C Colors cars came, O'neal was in his usual #1, and the other was a #33 and his last name I believe was Richardson, can't remeber his first name though. Those years Oktoberfast actually was a big event, with drivers coming from all over to race. Sure wish it could be like that again.

Archived