Shady Oaks Speedway's Reopening

It sure looks like South Texas is the true winner here having two tracks within 60 miles of each other working together only to the benefit of the racers . It has been a long 8 years since the cars roared into turn one on thier way to an exciting finish at Shady Oaks Speedway. It has been our privilage to meet the racers and fans of South Texas here over the last 6 months and we look forward to the opening night just ahead! Shady Oaks has 25 years of history to look back on including being closed. The excitement that has been generated over our reopening has been nothing short of amazing. We are proud of the accomplishments made and really look forward to many more improvements we expect to make in the years ahead. We could not have even come close if not for many friends and volunteers that donated thier time and efforts. No other place in this country has dedicated racers like South Texas. I can say this as I have raced many places for many years.

This Friday night will be our second practice night of the year with gates opening at 2pm and practice running from 6;30pm to 10:30pm. Pit passes are $25 for racers and fans entering the pit area. Spectator seating is free with both concession stands open for business. Come us check out!

Opening night is Saturday, April 4th, pit gates open at 3:30pm, spectator gates open at 4:30pm, hot laps starting at 5:30 and opening ceremonies to follow. Full concessions will be open with drinks and good, affordable food for families! We can't wait to see you here!

The Scribellito's

Shady Oaks Speedway

I'm helping build a super stock car. We looked at the rules for Shady Oaks, Texana, South TX Spdwy and I37. I37 is the closest track to us, so we were particularily interested in building to their rules. Much to our amazement, Shady Oaks, Texana and STS have the same rules, but I37 is the odd man out. This is not a bash, because I37 can set whatever rules they want, but the car is being built to run at the other 3 even though we will have to drive further.

So....Shady Oaks here we come - we're glad to see you back open. We probably won't make the 1st race, but we'll get there as soon as the car is complete.

I'm helping build a super stock car. We looked at the rules for Shady Oaks, Texana, South TX Spdwy and I37. I37 is the closest track to us, so we were particularily interested in building to their rules. Much to our amazement, Shady Oaks, Texana and STS have the same rules, but I37 is the odd man out. This is not a bash, because I37 can set whatever rules they want, but the car is being built to run at the other 3 even though we will have to drive further.

So....Shady Oaks here we come - we're glad to see you back open. We probably won't make the 1st race, but we'll get there as soon as the car is complete.

And a word to I37. Maybe you should take another look at your LLM rules. After Sat. nite, you might need to attract a few more cars.

u tell m rusty like u told i-37 about the mods man there was a bunch of the outlaw mods 300 hp to :lol::lol: