TSRS ALLISONS SHOWING UP IN A BIG WAY FOR TONIGHT'S RACE

TONY B

Yes, Tony, it was great to see all of the TSRS Allison Legacys show up for practice last night. I agree that this class is growing fast, and we're really excited to see the progress with this fine group of drivers.

Overall, yesterday's practice session was almost like a race night. I think we had close to 50 cars show up! I timed 24 cars on the electronic scoring system, and about half of them didn't have their transponders hooked up. Here's a link to the practice times: My Laps THR Practice Results.

If the car count for practice is any indication of what we'll have for opening night, I think we're in for a real treat tonight!

By the way, I left my camera at the track, but I took several pictures of the taping for FOX-TV at the track yesterday. I'll let y'all know when the plan to air the story about the TSRS mentoring program - featuring 16-year-old Jake (Sr.) Kruger (driver of the #14 TSRS Late Model) mentoring 12-year-old Jake (Jr.) Wright (driver of the #96 TSRS Allison Legacy). Dennis Pena from FOX thought that it was a great program and story. FOX (Austin) will air the story either this Tuesday night or the following Tuesday - will let y'all know for sure when it will be broadcast.

Archived