Second try for I-37's "WOW MotorSportz Opening Night"

I-37 Raceway Opening Night Sponsored by WOW MotorSportz Features New Late Models and Front Runners, "Outlaw" Modifieds

Pleasanton – WOW MotorSportz joins I-37 Raceway on Friday, March 20, as the track takes a second shot at "opening night" following last Friday night's rainout.

The WOW MotorSportz sponsorship will include another "WOW MotorSportz Night at the Races" later in the season, and they will be giving away I-37 Raceway T-shirts on Friday as well as offering new race team shirts and photos as they take over as the official photographers of I-37 Raceway.

In addition to the new "Front Runners" class, changes to the classes this year include bumping the Super Stock cars up to true Late Model specs and dropping the IMCA sanction for the Modified class, though the Southern Sport Modifieds will continue with IMCA sanction. Other classes are the Pure Stocks and Street Stocks, giving I-37 Raceway six classes this season in addition to the special shows that will be scheduled during the season.

I-37 has also joined with Texana Raceway Park in Edna and South Texas Speedway in Corpus Christi to present a South Texas Modified Championship Series featuring three races at each track for a nine-race series. Race dates and details are currently being worked out among the race directors at each track and will be announced soon.

This will probably also be the last race night that fans will be allowed to bring their own beer to the track, as the track's application for a beer license is expected to be granted before the next race on April 10 as the track has a scheduled break between March 20 and April 10.

The action starts again this Friday, March 20. The gates open at 4:00 pm, hot laps start at 8:00 pm and racing action starts at 8:30 pm. After Friday's action the track will take a break until April 10 and 17. More information and the current schedule is always available by calling (210) 478-0111 or on the web at www.i37raceway.com.

Regarding the ice chest, depends on how big it is.

You can bring in cans, no glass. And it's 1 six pack per person.

==> To everyone, I am getting ready to head to the track right now, so I will be away from the computer til late late tonight (morning). If anyone has any questions, please call me at 210-478-0111.