Thunderhill Raceway's Thunder Stocks primed for action in 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Debbie Williams, 210-685-0400 (cell), debbie@thunderhillraceway.com

Thunderhill Raceway Media & Public Relations Director

Special Report by: Rodney Rodriguez

Thunderhill Raceway’s Thunder Stocks primed for action in 2009

KYLE, TX (March 19, 2009) – When San Antonio Speedway (SAS) closed its doors in 2007, Thunderhill Raceway (Kyle, TX) stepped up to the plate to continue the momentum in South Texas stock car racing. One of the changes made to accommodate the displaced drivers was the combination of Thunderhill Raceway’s (THR) Hobby Stock class and the former SAS Road Runner class to form the current Thunder Stock division at the 3/8 mile, asphalt oval track. This class now rivals the ASA A-Line Super Stock division for excitement and close, heated competition.

The 2009 Thunder Stock drivers’ roster looks like it will closely mirror last year’s list – showcasing an excellent group of competitors who will be ready to take the green flag at the season opener this Saturday (March 21).

Defending two-time champion Joey Tschoerner (Bartlett, TX) is primed and ready to reclaim his title in his #14 TBS Racing entry, although team captain Terry Tschoerner (Taylor, TX) will also be a contender in the Thunder Stock field of cars in 2009. In addition to driving his #1 ASA A-Line Super Stock, Terry will be pulling double duty as he will also pilot the #10 car in the Thunder Stocks. Look for these two brothers to provide lots of “family action” at the front of the pack.

Gary Chancellor (#4, Bastrop, TX) is back for another run this year. Chancellor is a veteran of many battles at THR and never disappoints the fans when it comes to moving up through the field.

Not to be overlooked this season will be two drivers from Cedar Park, TX – the #13 of Cooter Lynch, a past Grand Stock champion, and also the #50 car driven by Aaron Brungot. These two strong competitors have gained valuable track experience over the past few years and will also be vying for the Thunder Stock title during the 2009 season.

Bryon Reed (#73, Kyle, TX) has submitted his entry in this division – along with Paul Lipp (#83, San Antonio, TX). Lipp has claimed several feature wins at both San Antonio Speedway and Thunderhill Raceway, so he’ll definitely be battling for the victory on race nights.

Jeff Smith (#15, LaVernia, TX), Mason Teague (#16, Paige, TX) and Anthony Gordon (#18, San Antonio, TX) lead the field of young lions against the veterans in the Thunder Stock division. Teague and Gordon both picked up feature wins in 2008, and they will undoubtedly be two drivers who will be coming on strong during the upcoming season. Gordon will also be pulling double duty as he has also filed an entry in the Pro Modified division.

Saturday’s racing agenda will also include the ASA A-Line Super Stocks, Grand Stocks, Mini Stocks and NasKarts – along with the TSRS Allison Legacys, Pro Modifieds and SportMods. The grandstand gates will open at 5 p.m., and the racing action will begin at 6 p.m.

Thunderhill Raceway is located at 24801 IH-35 (Kyle, TX), just north of San Marcos (TX) near Yarrington Road (Exit #210).

For more information on Thunderhill Raceway, visit the THR website at www.thunderhillraceway.com.

- 30 -

Need to keep a lookout for this beast

Nick can you make this picture a little bigger for me

I can but it will be all fuzzy when it gets re-sized to a bigger size. But if you have the original pic, email it to me and I will see what I can do with it.

Nick

Good article Rodney. I have a feeling we might want to keep our eyes on the 56 of Joey Jenkins this year. I think they have made some progress in the winter and will be a force to be considered.

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Good call Chase!

Edited by GUNDOG99

Good article Rodney. I have a feeling we might want to keep our eyes on the 56 of Joey Jenkins this year. I think they have made some progress in the winter and will be a force to be considered.

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Joey won a feature last year also, Thanks ..... Old timers disease set in. Year before last. Anyway Love You Joey