I-37 Increases Win Money for Mods, Champ Series

Jim Knudtson just called and asked me to post the news that sponsorship has been found to allow the track to raise the miniumum for first place in the Modifieds at I-37 Raceway to $400 and first place money for each of the South Texas Modified Championthip events at I-37 to a minimum of $800.

"We are hoping that the cooperation among the tracks will help the vitality of the Modified class and get the drivers to support each track that is racing modifieds," he says.

"I-37 Raceway is doing everything it can to increase the fan base for the track, which showed good growth in 2008 but has a way to go. As part of those efforts, we ran ads for our planned March 13 opening night in both the Wilson County News and the Pleasanton Express even though we were fairly certain we would be rained out.

"We also arranged for pre-season stories in the Wilson County News and the Pleasanton Express after having good response from both papers in 2008 (we had over 20 stories in the local papers last year, most of them long and all featuring many of our drivers)."

All of these efforts and more are aimed at making local heroes out of our drivers and increasing the fan base, which in turn will allow us to increase the payouts in all classes.

See you next week as we open the season at I-37 Raceway on March 20.

Jim Knudtson just called and asked me to post the news that sponsorship has been found to allow the track to raise the miniumum for first place in the Modifieds at I-37 Raceway to $400 and first place money for each of the South Texas Modified Championthip events at I-37 to a minimum of $800.

"We are hoping that the cooperation among the tracks will help the vitality of the Modified class........

That's very cool! As a teenager, there was a winged mod series in North Texas that also included Heart of Texas called the NTRA, that was just about as good as it gets in being able to see the modified drivers from various tracks all together at one place on a given night. I think this series has the potential to launch into something very similar where we can see the best in our areas running together at these special events.