FIRST TIME TO TRACK

da6212

I AM TRYING TO DECECIDE WEATHER OR NOT TO GO TO YOUR TRACK ON OPENING NIGHT. I HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE. CAN ANYONE LET ME KNOW WHAT THE TRACK IS LIKE. I AM FAIRLY NEW TO THE SPORTSMOD AND I HAVE ONLY RACED FIVE TIMES ALL AT RIO GRANDE SPEEDWAY. iF SOMEONE WHO HAS RACED BOTH CAN GIVE ME SOME IDEAS ABOUT HOW THE TWO COMPARE AS FAR AS THE ACUTUAL RACE TRACK IS CONCERN WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS

Paper-cliped shaped long 1/4 mile. Tight flat corners. Track is usually very smooth, but the norm is to go very dry, slick (actually, very very slick)

Haven't been back this year, but it tends to be a bit dark (that is, lack of lighting) in the corners.

The pit area is nice (especially this early in the season as there is still probably plenty of grass).

The people that run the show seem nice enough. And the show progresses well, that is, they get the show in in the minimum amout of time.

Another plus: at least once while I was there, the features rained out, but they payed a full purse to each class that didn't get to run the feature. Most classes just evenly divided the purse amongst themselves. A very nice gesture on the track's part.

Check your safety rules against theirs. Hate to see you make the haul and not be able to run. Probably wouldn't hurt tho give them a call for any clarifications you might need.

Also, unless they've changed transponder brands, it cost me more to run there than other transponder-mandated tracks. Each week was $55 for my entry/pit pass/transponder rentals.

Hope this helps

From a track prep and how you are treated you wont be dissappointed. By far the best track I have been to over the last several years. Place is always very clean and smooth. It does get dry at times but its always smooth. Have good brakes. There is alot of good racers you should enjoy racing against. Most definetely you want to give them a try. Good Luck...

I AM TRYING TO DECECIDE WEATHER OR NOT TO GO TO YOUR TRACK ON OPENING NIGHT....

Please do try to come up for this event and hopefully more during the season. This year's season opener will be a very special event! Cowboy (cc57) and Danielsen have provided some good info, each from a team's perspective.

While I help the track owner by handling the advertising and promotions, I'm also a racer myself and have a daughter who races at Texana. Much like Danielsen, I've been to a lot of tracks over the years across the state. There's only a couple left that I have not made it to yet. There are a lot of good ones out there. The owner of Texana is focused on the cleanliness of the facility and the upkeep. He's poured an awful lot of money in the place over the last four years. Texana does go dry slick in the features most nights, and it is a "drivers" track as opposed to a "motor" track. Drivers who've done their homework with the right set-up and patience seem to excel and really do make their cars move pretty good around the track. I've been had a lot of fun visiting a lot of tracks over the years. The thing that stands out at Texana the most for me is the fellowship and friends in the pits and the fans in the stands. The fans at Texana really do like their dirt track celebrities and the performances they provide.

Do come see us

thx - Monty

Monty,

As you know, Lone Star Speedzone plans on making a visit to Texana on opening night. We heard a lot of good things about the track.

Nick

Yes sir, and we're looking forward to having you and the crew out at Texana. You've picked a good night to visit. This will also be a great chance for drivers to have a chance to become famous on Lone Star Speedzone if they are filmed. ;)

-Monty

What transponders do you guys run? thanks

We use the Westhold product. We put the transponders in place several years back. We use them in all of the classes except for the Jr. Mini's and Hot Stock Trucks. They are a huge help on scoring accuracy. I believe we may be the only track in our area using Westhold as tHMP and HRP use the AMB product.

Funny story to share. Last year we had what looked like a photo finish in the bomber class to the eye, but transponder schoring advised who was the winner. Track staff verified that each car had the transponder in the correct location, which they did.

thx - Monty

Archived