Results from NasKart practice and tune

The report I received last night from the NasKart practice at Thunder Hill was that not much has changed from last season.

Lyndon Kirk, who bought the #20 Smitty Built NasKart, was still the kart to beat with best time for the afternoon. This is the same kart and motor combination that Lyndon won 8 races with last season. The only thing Lyndon has done in the off season is change the Rings. For all who thought the motor was illegal, Mike Steinman, 2009 NasKart President, was there for the teardown and verified that their were no illegal parts in the motor.

One of the factors that no one takes into asccount when someone wins mutiple races like Lyndon has, is the fact that he may just be a better driver.

Mike Steinman's #71 NasKart was present with a new Motor. Mike reported that the motor felt strong although Mike was running the #4 EES cam that is not the correct cam to be fast. Mike has a couple of hotter cams on the way and I predict his lap time will increase as soon as they are installed. Mike is also testing a new exaust system. he indicated the new system is a preformance gain. Mike has another new motor in the works although if he doesn't get his macinist on the ball, this motor will not see duty this season. The motor has bee in the building stage, going on 1 year now.

The # 14, Travis Robers driven, Roy Smith owened NasKart got some major suspension and weight transfer modifications done to it in the off season. In addition , the motor received a complete ovedrhaul. Roy is still running the same cam in it though. I dought the suspension changes will be enough to overcome the lack of performance of the motor with the mild cam they are running. My prediction is , they will need to go to at least the #1 EES grind to be competitive.

If Roy ever gets the preformance of the motor up to par, everyone had better lookout, because with the suspension set up and Travis Roberts sikill as a driver, the competition may not be able to keep up. Remember the final race of last season, when Travis drove the #10 to clench the 2008 NasKart Title for Brian. He was sooth and fast and made the high line work for him passing both Chris Terry and Lyndon Kirk on top for the win

The NasKart Tek inspectors will be more vigilant this year in the compliance of the rules. They will be weighing in at every race and fuel and other areas that someone my try to cheat at will be closely monitored.

Marty Krits has done a complete overhaul on all of his NasKarts for the 2009 season and the word is his new graphics package will be second to none. Marty is running his karts in a flat gray as to not show his new colors until the first race of the season. This attention to detail in unserpassed and we are looking forward to seeing his Karts on the track.

Archived