CC practice

champ1796

The track definitely seems fast from some of the times I saw today. Fastest that I was timed was Larry Smith with a 13.87 followed closely by Joey Heinaman 13.90s , John Witzsche 14.03 and Beddoe in the 14teens, all faster than the current track record I believe. Not sure what everyones tire situation was, stickers versus old, but this coming weekends show should be a good one.

WOW ! First time to the CC track for us on Sat. What an awesome little bullring. Entry fees were very reasonable, the people were friendly and the testing went well ( for us anyway). What would be a good time for a TSRS car on old tires be at this track?

Gotta check with the boss and see if he wants to make that information public. Sure would hate to annoy him off before the season even starts.

Not everybody! I didn't know Chuck was going to read that on the air, LOL. Good thing Mike said it was ok. First session was 15.60 to 15.30. Second session was 15.30 to 15.03. the third and fourth session was 14.63 to 15.05. Our newest tire had at least 200 laps on it from last year, we ran some down to the chords. We were really paranoid about ruining a new tire so we didn't take any. WE didn't have any tire problems though. So, what would be a good time for a TSRS car down there? :blink:

We were kind of thinking the same thing. I think ROMCO is turning low 13's. I think 4 new tires will make a big difference. Is the TSRS function going on today?

romco has10''tires yall have 8''.they have a little more motor.tams is more what i would judge my times by.we weight #2500 i think yall weight 3100 same carb. im pulling a 600 gear turning 6800.that 04 car had some bad luck sat. looked like tire might have gone down. i say low 14,s.the way the track is romco would almost be in the 12,s owen drug tires for days.we ran old tires the times didnt pick up much wih new ones.bruce got in the 13.9s with junk tires.

Ha- I hit the wrong button before I was done.. I think that the track will hook up a lot better once the sealer settles in a little more. We need a little more sunshine on it. I think by this coming thursday things should hook up a lot better. This coming weekend is going to be a exciting weekend.

Thanks for the info. We were thinking that we needed to be in the low 14's. We're looking forward to racing there. How is that Holiday Inn up the road from the track?

Archived