Valve springs

dancer52

Ok...I really dont want to spend any more money on this moneypit then I have too...and in the past I have preferred to let the engine builder do his job...but in todays downturn..I was thinking about gambling and just running this motor as I got it (really have no information about it..came with car) all I know is that is has a 488 lift cam and dart heads. I do not like the way the valve springs look...they dont seem to match with the retainers, and the spacer looks like its wearing...and as a side note...they look small for these heads. So...I was thinking about just changing the Valve springs and retainers. But really have no good idea which ones to get.... 7 degree 10 degree...be hive....and without knowing exactly what cam...how do you pick the seat pressure...and...really not sure on installed height....including a pic of the current set-up ...(having trouble with this part may take a few min.

Also..how do I make sure I have 11/32 valves....and..I am guessing the larger 1.46 dia. spring will be fine with dart heads...right?

http://www.competitionproducts.com/prodinfo.asp?number=VSA14 These are kinda what I am looking at...but should I be able to just drop these in...or what kinda checks should i do....thanks, AJ

Archived