Purchase of Transponders

speedy

All orders (and money) for transponders need to be done by March 15th so we can put the order in on March 16th. If You need info on transponders contact me at the track or my cell I have listed in previous post.

Thanks, Robin

Thunderhill Raceway and Houston Motorsports Park are using the same system as CCS is installing (AMB).

The cable that runs under the Start/Finish line feeds into a "decoder box," which in turn reads the data and signals from the transponders and sends the information to a computer. AMB uses Orbits software that is pretty amazing and very easy to operate.

Although Red River Speedway is using a different scoring system (decoder, transponders and computer software), we use our our own AMB decoder, transponders and software when TSRS races there. As Rick (Day) explained, "the cable that runs under the track doesn't have a brand name!" However, you can't combine two different types (brands) of transponders using the same decoder.

I know that CCS is new to electronic scoring, and we're planning to help y'all through the transition. I hope my explanation makes sense.

We use a TranX260 (so does HMP and CCS). It is made for stock-car racing. Here's a link to the AMB website description.

TranX260 Information

You will find listings for several AMB transponders on eBay. However, make sure you get the right model. For example, our NasKarts use a X160. After getting more information from AMB, I've found out that the X160 is a kart transponder only. It puts out a much weaker signal that can only be read when it's low to the ground. If you put it on a car, the signal will not be read by the decoder.

There are also others for remote-controlled cars, etc., so make sure you get the right one. The TranX260 is available in either a rechargeable or hard-wired model.

I can't tell you what type of transponder is used by RRS. Like I said, we bring our AMB decoder and transponders to RRS, and it works fine for TSRS.

I hope this information helps.

If your gona order a transponder you will need to do it by noon Monday cause Monday afternoon we will be placing the order.I will be at the track Saturday till 7pm .Will be there sunday also unless practice gets rained out.You can also contact me.

Archived