Snowball

Casey19

Speed51.com has learned that former Daytona 500 winner and this year’s Bud Shootout winner, Kevin Harvick is planning to compete in this year’s Snowball Derby in December at Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, FL. Harvick told Speed51.com on Friday night in Ontario, California that he has just taken delivery of a new Port City straight-rail chassis for the Derby. “We pick one race a year,” said Harvick. “Last year we did the Oxford 250 (which he won) and this year we want to do the Snowball Derby.” Harvick drives Chevrolets for Richard Childress Racing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. More details to follow in coming weeks.

Must be nice to spend $50K to build/buy a car to race 1 race. I may go this year, just to watch.

I would bet money that MOST of the cup guy's have late model's that they have driver's in(JR has some). Just pull one out of the stable, GO RACING! If not, wanna bet they could get someone to let em borrow one, just to see a high profile driver's name on the roof.

Oh, and they can afford it, if they had to build one.

I know, that is what must be nice, being able to afford it!!! :lol:

Having to spend money is the only thing about racing I hate!!!!! :(

I don't mind spending the money. I hate spending my money!!! When it is someone elses, that is not a problem. This season has been good for me spending other peoples money, but I am almost out, now I have to spend mine. The season hasn't even started and I have spent over $5K on dirt cars(Hobby and Street Stocks). Only had to buy 1 motor, and got it cheap!!!

Archived