To all THR drivers

ChuckLicata

As you can tell, I'm very excited about my new position at Thunder Hill Raceway. I appreciate all the emails and phone calls of support I've received from the THR drivers (guess I'll have to work on some the staff, haha :lol: )...

On that note with the drivers...I would like to "pencil in" a meeting between myself and all THR drivers (and one of their crew members) on Friday, March 5th, sometime in the evening...I need feedback from the THR drivers as to the specifics of a possible meeting on that night, such as...

1) What would be a good start time for everyone?

2) What part of Austin (North, Downtown, South) or what other location would be convenient for most to attend?

3) Would another night that week (or maybe a weekend day) be even better to meet?

I'm thinking we could have a good one-hour meeting...then if anyone wants to stay longer, that'd be fine..I'm there for as long as anyone wants to talk about racing at THR! Please PM me here, or shoot me an email to danipromo@hotmail.com so I can set the final plans for the meeting ASAP..thanks!

In talking to Thunder Hill Raceway owner Brian Callaway this morning, the purpose of this meeting is to give Chuck an opportunity to gather driver and team information for his new positions as announcer and marketing director at THR.

The meeting is not intended to be a rules meeting or a forum for issues people may have about racing at Thunder Hill Raceway.

So, THR drivers and crews, here's a great opportunity to get to know Chuck and get him involved with your race team and provide him with the information you would like the racing public to know about your team.

This should be a "MUST BE THERE" meeting for THR race teams...

Nick Holt

Thank you Nick...

Yes, Chuckman, this is a "get to know me" meeeting...I would like feedback from drivers on things that concern the drivers, in the areas of fans, driver's appearances (which I would like to start scheduling)...and other off-track, non-racing issues...

Basically, this is a "feel good" meeting..I will also be handing out a driver's profile for the drivers to fill out for me...This is in no way a driver's meeting or for any other on-track issues...

Does that help? :D Thanks

Chuck,

We'll be there, just let us know when and where. I agree with Matt, though. If you held the meeting at the track, drivers would automatically know where to go, and we could look at the progress of the construction.

Thanks for the efforts,

Chase

Chuckman,

Not at all..ANYONE who may run at THR is welcome to come to the meeting..again, it's for myself and all the drivers, plus one of your crew members...

It sounds like everyone wants to have it at the track..i'll have to ask Brian for the key so we can get in... :D

Now we're rolling!I'm very excited with all the changes/and the efforts of everyone involved.It's got a very professional feel about it.I always said support your local racetrack,and now I'm even prouder to.Thanx for all you guys are doing...

-Shawn Paul

Chuck,

I wanted to Thank you for calling , and inviting Us to come Back & race again in the late model class at THR this coming season.

It is the little things that make a difference.

WE all can spend our hard earned Hobby money any where , but we choose to spend it where we feel the most at home.

I know you will bring some of the old racers & fans back home to THR.

You were the only person to contact to me from the track about racing our car at THR this coming season.

That is a great BIG step forward for the track.

If some one cares enough to call you( not just post an e-mail) in person that gose a long way with me.

I will make plans to be a your meeting on March 5th.

Thanks.

Victory Lane

Chuck,

I want to build on what Victory Lane said. I've often thought that the track should put together a small phone committee. A few of the key personnel is all it would take. The committee could be used to make periodic phone calls to all of the teams in all of the classes anytime something important needs to be passed on. Bryan is right, a phone call in person from someone at the track means a lot. The committee could be used in the off season as well to update teams of changing information or to just let the teams know that the track wants them back the following year.

food for thought,

cs

Chase & Victory Lane

Communication between THR and the race teams is a great step in

the right direction.With TSRS Mary Ann and all the officals always

take the time and effort to let the race teams know they are always

appriciated.Something that THR has yet to do,but it looks like THR

is putting forth that effort.I hope THR can continue the steps they have

taken in this off season,it would be great for our sport.With a little luck

maybe we will be ready for the TSRS race in Corpus,and maybe we will

have a place to run on the off weeks at THR.Before all the changes on and

off the track at THR this off season I wasn't even considering running at

THR at all this year.

Ok, Ladies and Gentlemen, Start your engines!

Let's go ahead and confirm the THR drivers' meeting..

*It will be held this Friday, March 5, at 7 p.m. at the track...We'll meet in the garage area...

*I will be the only THR staff person hosting/attending the meeting

*Each driver is asked to bring ONE crew member/family member from his/her team to the meeting...All drivers and crew/family members will be asked to sign in, so I get to know names....

*This meeting is all about off-track issues...there won't be anything to do with tech questions or on-track issues..I think you all know that by now, right?

*All drivers will be given a "bio/profile" form to fill out for me (please)...you don't have to fill it out that night, but I need it back by March 15..

*ALL ideas are welcome (such as the one that the Stapps posted here)..please come with any/all ideas....

*We'll try and keep the meeting to an hour or so, but I'll stay as long as anyone wants to stay and talk

Please PM me here, or email me with any questions/concerns..thanks, and I look forward to seeing you all on Friday night...

*I will be the only THR staff person hosting/attending the meeting

There you go, supertx

Supertx,

Thanks for your thoughts....

I am not going to be scheduling drivers' appearances at this particular meeting..I am going to work WITH the drivers to get their thoughts, ideas and input on drivers' appearances throughout the 2004 season...

Once I start scheduling drivers' appearances, I will certainly get TQ involved to get out the word about where/when our drivers are going to be making appearanes....

This meeting is more of a meet-and-greet, with ME and the drivers (and one of their crew and/or family members)...plus, I want to get pertinent info from the drivers so I can start a "communication line" for them..

Curt,

I appreciate you making the time to come out and represent the #58 LM team! See you there!

Update as of Thursday, 12:30 p.m....

If you're a THR driver (or potential driver) and you haven't heard from me, it's not from a lack of effort...I got the drivers' list from Brian on Monday, but have been swamped between leaving 2 jobs and working for THR...

If you have heard from me or are planning attending the meeting, do me a favor...please contact a driver or two for me...kind of a "dry run" for the Stapps' idea of a "small phone committee"...I can tell you, I've got about an 85% rate of drivers who will be attending the meeting...

Thanks for the help, PM me or call me with any info or questions..

Archived