THR has new Announcer and Marketing Director

Release: February 24, 2004

Thunder Hill Announces Return of Popular Announcer Chuck Licata as Raceway Prepares for Seventh Season

Kyle -- Thunder Hill Raceway owner and general manager Brian Callaway announced today that popular race announcer Chuck Licata would return to the track in a dual role, as both marketing director and announcer. The move is part of the six-year-old track's plan to increase its profile among both race fans and those just becoming interested in America's number two sport.

"This started when I approached Brian about working together to grow the sport of auto racing in Central Texas in 2004. He and Jim Lynch have a race track and I have a radio show (The Motorsports Zone) on KVET-AM. There's no reason we shouldn't put our efforts together to improve local racing, and we realized we were very much on the same page," Licata said Tuesday.

"I'd be lying if I didn't admit my surprise that we've come to this agreement. However, the dedication and commitment that Brian and Jim have shown, especially during this off-season, to make things work at Thunder Hill are impressive. They've brought in Nick Holt, who will serve as the Race Director, and Rebecca Cooper, CPA, to augment a good staff that includes track manager David Mackey, head scorer Kathy Tiemann, media and PR director T. Q. Jones; and Jack Sandefur, arguably the most-respected technical director in the state.

"My duties will include working with the drivers to get them more exposure as well as announcing on race nights, which is something I truly enjoy. And I'll be working with Brian and Jim and the track community and sponsors in bringing more fans out to Thunder Hill. They've made it very clear that 2004 will be the year that Thunder Hill Raceway has an impact with fans, sponsors, drivers and the community."

###

T. Q. Jones P. O. Box 91346 Austin, TX 78709-1346

PH: (512) 266-4814 FAX: (512) 266-4833 Email: tqj@mindspring.com

Archived