Hello everyone

Welcome to the latest addition to Lone Star Speedzone. We plan to have a lot of info and pictures to share with you very soon. This should prove to been very exciting and informative. Hopefully we can encourage more families to get involved. Quarter Midget racing has been around for many many years and its the class that many racers have started their racing careers in. Here in San Antonio this little track has been around for 50 years. How many race tracks can say they have been around that long? Please feel free to offer your suggestions and opinions. And your stories will be greatly appreciated. Stay tuned for more.......

REMEMBER BEING A KID BOUT 20 YEARS AGO ENJOYING RACING AT RIGSBY. PLEASE HELP BRING BACK THE MEMORIES. NEVER RAN A QUARTER BUT MY LITTLE 7 HORSE WOULD MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS FLYING. HEARD LOTS OF STORIES FROM THE MOELLERS AND CHRISTIANS(WAYNE FLAG MAN). LOOKING FORWARD TO STARTING A RACING FAMILY OF MY OWN. GOT 5 YEARS TO PREPARE. WHO KNOWS? HENDRICKS MIGHT BE WATCHING RIGHT?!?!?!!?

We are looking forward to building some of those memories for our family. We've got three boys ages 6, 8 and 10 who are planning on starting their racing careers this year! Who knows, they may love it, or they may decide it's not for them. But in the meantime, we're excited about the family time together and the opportunity to teach our kids about responsibility, sportsmanship, hard work, competition, etc.

The folks at LSQMA have been very helpfull, informative and courteous as we get ready to take part in, what I'm sure will be, a fun and memorable experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Got in touch with Jo Lindsey and she has given me permission to go out on Saturday; hopefully the weather will hold up. I am anxious to show my work to a new audience. I hope everyone will enjoy as much as I enjoy what I do.

Thanks multicarmike and PAPA.

Archived