A little TAXING humor

Happycoop

I thought yall would enjoy the Top 10 Nascar Related Deductions submitted to the IRS. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THAT NUMBER 4 just in case you waited until 2008 to make this change. :)

I will give credit where it is due - this came from frontstretch.com and here is the link

http://www.frontstretch.com/JMEYER/15710

10. $450.00 for new shorts and driver's suit, by Michael McDowell. (Uniforms and Work Clothes)

9. $1500.00 for the complete set of "Deep Thoughts" works by Jack Handey, submitted by Brian France. (Work-Related Educational Expenses)

8. $750.00 for resumes from Fed Ex / Kinko’s, submitted by Jeremy Mayfield. (Moving Expenses)

7. $5000.00 submitted by Chip Ganassi for several copies of Rosetta Stone; Espanol (Latin America) for his entire staff. (Work-Related Educational Expenses)

6. 1 million dollars, submitted by Rosetta Stone, for Research and Development into a teaching guide for future employers of Ward Burton. (Rumored to be called “Burtonese”)

5. $79.95 for the deluxe Trackpass package, submitted by Carl Edwards' suspended crew chief, Bob Osborne, so he can work from home. (Unreimbursed Employee Expense)

4. $50.00 to $250.00 (depending on the “tat”) by thousands of Dale Earnhardt, Jr. fans to artfully add another “8” to existing tattoos. (Medical Expenses)

3. $50,000, described as “donations” to members of the National Stock Car Racing Commission, submitted by Robby Gordon. (Charitable Contributions and/or Legal Expenses)

2. Various amounts, depending on the price of a bus pass in whichever city they happen to live in, submitted by Ward Burton, Shane Hmiel, Kevin Grubb, Ricky Craven, et al. (Local Transportation)

1. $2500.00 to the Richard Petty Driving Experience, submitted by Kyle Petty. (Work-related Educational Expenses)

And - this is ALL me on this next post nothing to do with the original poster of this thread..

Rebecca Cooper, CPA, who has been supporting local auto racing all her life in many ways (including $$), is a great person to have do your taxes. One of the ONLY reasons K-MAC Sports is in business is because we have Rebecca to give us sound advice and do our taxes, year in and year out.

As I said, Rebecca continues to donate her time and money to local racing. Thank you!

Archived