?

The Shrimp

Yes, the forum ownership has asked that both the I-37 Raceway and the South Texas Speedway be brought back online.

Nick

Nick,

Wasn't it the tracks last year that wanted their boards pulled?

Yes, last year both I-37 and STS requested that the forums pertaining to their tracks be parked... I complied.

However, we have had numerous requests over the past few months for both forums to be re-instated. And when I brought this matter up with Chris Doelle, the new majority owner of Lone Star Speedzone, he felt that both forums should be put back up. LSS members from both tracks still post on here on a regular basis, but didn't have a dedicated forum to post their stuff - so they just posted wherever they felt it might be read.

It should be noted that LSS plans to increase its efforts to provide coverage of dirt tracks throughout Texas over the next year or two. We have meetings scheduled with a couple of dirt track owners already and we will be setting up meetings with other Texas dirt tracks in the future.

Lone Star Speedzone is a valuable marketing tool for all Texas tracks as well as one of the best places on the internet to learn what's going on in the Texas racing community. Most folks realize that LSS is not a bash site and that negative attacks on Texas tracks, race officials, Texas-based racing series, etc., are not tolerated here.

Nick

Well put, Nick.

In the end, Lone Star Speedzone is about the sport of racing and the fans. All tracks need to be represented here and tracks that can generate significant discussion need to have their own board for those talks.

Growing up around Victoria, watching my brother Tom race at Texana and other area dirt tracks, I would have loved to have known about a place to find out what was happening, talk a little smack (not trash talk) and just generally hang out with other fans. We believe that fans of every track and/or series probably feels the same way.

It's good to back in the racing world, great to be working with such excellent folks, and I am genuinely excited about what lies ahead.

Archived