Sleepy Andrew Wilson

Trammel Rushing

I bought a sprint car off e-bay about 4-5 years ago, it came from n w Dallas.On the side is number 93 fabrication&machine work by sleepys work shop. It also has the names Scott Tybrr McCormick and Randy Holt. on the drivers side it has Crew Sleepy Andrew Wilson. It looks to have the drivers name Martha i am not sure if i got the drivers name correct. This car was built by a real craftsman and way ahead of the field. I want the history and help with anyone who might know anything about this car. Thanks Trammel

• 4 weeks later...

Trammel,

Do you have any photos of the car?

I'm sure someone on this forum may recognize the Sprinter sooner or later.

It's good to see more people preserving racing history.

Good Luck with the project.

• 7 months later...

there was a green sprint that came to the Devils Bowl a few times in the late 80's or early 90's that was driven by a female.She was very slow. I think she was asked to get some practice or don't come back. Some reason I think her, the car or maybe both were out of Red Oak. A couple of years ago Stockcar Racing Magazine had a couple of how to articles by a guy named Sleepy in the Dallas area. According to the mag this Sleepy person had been around racing and building cars in the Dallas area for 25-30 years. Looked thru some of my mags and couldn't find the one I wanted. If I remember right I think this guys shop was on I35 just south of I20 a little way which would be the Red Oak area.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Trammel,

I just talked to Randy's son, Randy said he could put you in touch with Sleepy ( Mike Atwood ). Martha is his daughter.

PM me some kind of contact info and I'll get it to Randy.

Stan.

ps. he is the Sleepy Gomez that wrote the magazine articles too.

Check out the link below for some fairly up to date info.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/jun/...-into-works-of/

Archived