RULES?

Why is that the Bombers have to pull 16 pds vac. when the Pure stock pull 18 pds @1000RPM?

I have a bomber that runs at STS with a BONE STOCK 305 I barely pull 18 pds @ 1000 RPM.

Also stock 305 and 350 come with a 4 barrel Rochester Carb.

You are asking for a 2 barrel Rochester Carb that comes stock in some V6.

IF you have rules that are close to the other tracks like STS. I37. and Edna you would get more cars.

JMO

Why is that the Bombers have to pull 16 pds vac. when the Pure stock pull 18 pds @1000RPM?

I have a bomber that runs at STS with a BONE STOCK 305 I barely pull 18 pds @ 1000 RPM.

IF you have rules that are close to the other tracks like STS. I37. and Edna you would get more cars.

JMO

I am not with the track..but I think I can answer....They just went (mostly) with ednas class rules for pure stocks (edna bombers...really street stocks) and the 18 IN. (not pounds) of vac. was the rules.... (btw I have a very UN stock 350 that pulled 21 IN. of vac.) your 305 is just wore out..that is why it is low. (most likely)

The bomber class is a new class they are starting....alot of tracks require the 2bbl in the lowest class...as for the 4bbl? Well everyone ALWAYS wants what they already have....in reality the lowest class of cars are almost always local people...and the 2bbl helps keep the bigger motor equal (or is presumed too) I personally would love to see someone come out with a restrictor plate the size of the 2bbl....then could sell them for like 10$ then allow whatever you had...lol

why is shady oaks useing only Ednas rule there are about 4 or 5 mini (thunders ) that are stock in courpus but the age limit take the cars out . I tought that the mini class was the starter class

thunderwife yes mini class is was the starter for 13 to 16 years old in goliad

Most likely the reason why they went with Edna rules is because Edna extended a welcome to them and offered help. They are also wonderful folks to deal with. As far as the class of mini's at Edna they are a great class with a good car count of youngsters. There races were also pretty darn good as well. I look forward to seeing how good Goliad's turn out will be because they will get cars from Edna without a doubt. STS Schedule came out today and its the exact everyother week same days as Goliad. So maybe that helps answer why they are not using STS rules!

JMO

Cory like AJ stated the Pure Stock class is pretty much a street stock racing class. The bombers will come from junkyards and knock the windows out. Most likely the motors will be worn not rebuilt racing engines like pure stocks are. So with the less vacuum it allows guys to stay cheap and race. Obviously you can put a bigger cam in and solid motor but with the rest of the rules like they are for the class its going to be a survival enduro type racecar with no chassis. So more HP shouldnt be a big advantage. You need to have another carb and bring your car you will be just fine!

STS POSTED THERE SCHEDULE THEY ARE NOT RUNNING MINI (THUNDER) SO THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY THING .THEY HAVE NOT RAN THEM FOR GOING ON TWO YEARS UNLESS THEY ADD THEM THIS YEAR. MY HUSBANDS CAR IS BONE STOCK FROM THE FRONT TO THE BACK WITH TWO YEARS OF EXPERANCE JUST BECAUSE OF HIS AGE HE IS UNABLE TO RACE HE IS RACEN AT COURPUS CHRISTI AT THE BULL RING .

Yea the Bull ring is a fun track that is where we started 25 years ago. The age limit is in place to one get fresh young blood into the sport in a class that is very affordable. This is a good way to insure both Edna and Goliad that they will always have youngsters excited and stepping up into other classes once they are able to. Lots of boys and girls are getting to race and compete with each. Some are even moving up this year and have either sold their car or have it for sale. This is going to be common as the kids outgrow the class. I wish this class existed when I was sneaking into the drivers seat at 14. As far as tracks go I think Edna was the only one that offered anything to them. So again adopting another tracks rules except Edna's would be crazy on their part. Going to be interesting to watch the kids fight for $100 to win.

STS POSTED THERE SCHEDULE THEY ARE NOT RUNNING MINI (THUNDER) SO THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY THING .THEY HAVE NOT RAN THEM FOR GOING ON TWO YEARS UNLESS THEY ADD THEM THIS YEAR. MY HUSBANDS CAR IS BONE STOCK FROM THE FRONT TO THE BACK WITH TWO YEARS OF EXPERANCE JUST BECAUSE OF HIS AGE HE IS UNABLE TO RACE HE IS RACEN AT COURPUS CHRISTI AT THE BULL RING .

Well that is the problem with JR minis...no adults...and having a child in the class...I personally dont want to see adults out there. But, I always like Killeens deal where the regular minis and the jr minis had the same rules so that a parent and child could run the same car on the same night...but with them running 7 classes of cars every night..I doubt that they will want to add another class.

LELAND WADDELL HERE, IT,S GREAT READING ABOUT THE TRACK IT,S ALLWAY EXCITING TO HEAR ABOUT IT. I.M FROM AUSTIN AND THIS WILL BE MY FIRST YEAR ON DIRT AFTER 17 YEARS ON ASPHALT, I,M AM CURRENTLY BUILDING A LLM FOR I 37 RULES, BUT WANT TO RACE AT YOUR TRACK ( heard a lot about it) AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE IF YOUR LATE MODEL RULES WILL ALLOW ME TO RUN WITH YOUR CLASS , HOPE SO , I AM GOING TO TRY AND SUPPORT ALL THE DIRT TRACKS IN S TEXAS AND PLAN ON RUNNING ALL THE TRACKS I CAN, ARE YOU PLANNING A FEW TEST AND TUNE, DAYS BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS LELAND LWADDELL28@YAHOO.COM. HAPPY NEW YEAR this is for your superstock rules

As leland asked at the end...he is asking if he will be allowed to run I37s limited latemodel rules..which are close to super stock rules with a few advantages (like coilovers)...and a few disadvantages...(like 2bbl only) I personally hope they will be allowed...maybe just say the racer has to declare which set of rules they will follow...no mixing......AJ

i WENT OVER THE RULES AND THE ONLY THING I SAW DIFFERENT WERE THE COILOVERS, IF WE COULD RUN THERE WITH LLM RULES FROM I 37, WE WOULD BE 100 POUNDS HEAVIER WHICH I THINK WOULD MAKE IT REALLY CLOSE NO ADVANTAGE FOR COIL OVERS. I STARTED BUILDING MY CAR FOR 37 AS SOON AS THE RULES CAME OUT AND DID,NT KNOW ABOUT SHADY, WOULD LOVE TO RUN SHADY AND EDNA , LOTS OF RACING FRI AND SATS. WHEN I RAN TSRS LATEMODELS THEY PUT A 60 POUND PENILTY FOR COILOVERS, AND IT SEEMED TO WORK DID,NT SEE ANY DEFFERENCE IN PERF THANKS FOR CONCIDERING THIS, LELAND WADDELL,

Archived