THR construction progress report

NickHolt

Someone went by THR today and he reports that there is some construction equipment working on the back straight. From what he saw, the concrete that had been poured last year has all been torn out.

Nick Holt

I was out for a motorcycle cruise today and stopped by the track. The work on the back straight is well under way. By the looks of it, the back straightaway is going to be much wider than it was previously. Man I can't wait to be there for testing! The ROMCO race should be awesome on the 27th.

Looks like they've also done some painting on the buildings to spruce the place up some.

cs

Yes, it has begun.

It should be 20 feet wider.

It looks like it is going down most of the backstretch, but not all. Maybe 3/4 of the way. I'm no expert though.

Hopefully it will be finished this coming week. Have to wait and see what Mother Nature has in her plan though.

As for the painting------Well Tracie and myself were doing some painting this weekend of her office and my office. We worked out butts off. And I think she is as pooped out as I am.

But, we have all week to recooperate and finish it up next weekend.

Its going to be better for the outside car to run with the inside car, but what happens when they run out of room up there if the concrete only goes 3/4 the way down and the inside car won't let the outside car down any?

(The dirt they dig up for the back stretch they should pile it at the edge of the concrete on the outside so cars don't drop off and bottom out). either that or pile it up as banking and bank the new part of the backstretch more than the inside where the fast lane would be the outside; outside passing.

then If they really want some racing at kyle, add a little piece of concrete about a foot and a half wide at the bottom of turn two about 3 - 5 foot long so a car can turn it under another car.

(side by side racing) Just some suggestions

Bradley, from what I could tell, the new racing surface will cover the entire traveled portion of the back stretch. It's hard to know for sure until it's done, but it looks like there will be plenty of room back there to stay on the outside of someone until you're ready to turn down into turn 3. In other words, the entire back stretch is not used except by cars entering the track and a few running off of the top of turn 3 into the dirt. It looks they are widening and paving all of it that would be used to race between the exit of turn 2 and the entrance of turn 3.

cs

Archived