Tires in pure stocks

The only advantage the g-60 has is that it lasts a little longer. I wish they would allow the tire at both tracks. jmo

Bobby Jack

There are a few small (small at least in my mind) rule differences between the STS Pures and the Texana Bombers / Shady Oaks Pures, but from my experience, the two groups are very close in competition. In the rules there are some give and takes depending on how you are looking at it. I know the differences outside of tires could be debated back and forth, but I personally feel that the two groups run very close together. Owen has always been open to letting us run when we came down to STS and simply had us start in the rear on points nights.

For the Texana aspect, I am happy to present the tire topic to Bruce. It will be after we get the holidays behind us, but I will present the idea.

thx - Monty

The only advantage the g-60 has is that it lasts a little longer. I wish they would allow the tire at both tracks. jmo

Bobby Jack

hey you never know, I do think both Edna and Goliad should consider allowing them for visiting cars. Verses Hoosier dirt bosses they are not an advantage. I mean when it comes to the pure stock class only the cream of the crop drivers/teams would travel anyways not many of them will go outside their local track. But like Bobby and ourselves have proven we will travel to race against good competition no matter where its at. I am sure there are others that would as well. I think time and good promoters will help make this decision in the drivers and tracks best interests ( basically everyone )!

As Monty stated, I think it would be good for the class to allow G60's. If it brought more cars from other areas to race with us, Shady Oaks would welcome G60's!

Jim Scribellito

Shady Oaks Speedway

So...is that yes? Sorry...just making sure if this is a decision...or just an opinion...AJ

I think allowing the g60 and dirtbozz tires is a very wise decision. If g60's tear up tracks then the mods wouldnt have anywhere to race, i know the weight is a factor, but my gawd! It cant hurt anymore than a flat tire with a wheel digging in.. :rolleyes:

what about the weight penalty for running the spec tire in super stock, can we get rid of the 50 lb in front of the midplate?

that would be fine with me too... [edited out by Nick Holt, 1/11/09] ..the spec tires are not as good as the dirtbozz...but they are cheaper and easeir to find in used tires...this was only put in there to try and get the houston cars to come...and they never did..so I would think removing the rule would be the best for everyone...and honestly, I wish we could just go back to the all old rules...AJ

that would be fine with me too...[edited out by Nick Holt, 1/11/09] ..the spec tires are not as good as the dirtbozz...but they are cheaper and easeir to find in used tires...this was only put in there to try and get the houston cars to come...and they never did..so I would think removing the rule would be the best for everyone...and honestly, I wish we could just go back to the all old rules...AJ

Me too 4412 and any tire would have us back every week in that class but because of it we will be running the pure stock and running the super part time if any.

• 3 weeks later...

Bobby Jack

There are a few small (small at least in my mind) rule differences between the STS Pures and the Texana Bombers / Shady Oaks Pures, but from my experience, the two groups are very close in competition. In the rules there are some give and takes depending on how you are looking at it. I know the differences outside of tires could be debated back and forth, but I personally feel that the two groups run very close together. Owen has always been open to letting us run when we came down to STS and simply had us start in the rear on points nights.

For the Texana aspect, I am happy to present the tire topic to Bruce. It will be after we get the holidays behind us, but I will present the idea.

thx - Monty

Sorry it took me a while, but as promised, I discussed with Bruce. He is ok with the G60's on any of the STS or Shady Oaks Pures that want to run at Texana on STS or Shady Oaks off weekends. We are not planning to go in and make changes to the rules. Those will stay as they are, but he does not have a problem with G60's on those cars. Hope this helps ..... - Monty

Archived