Edna Bombers / I37 Pure

matt5858

I have a couple 76 novas that have the rear firewall cutout and they are sheetmetaled to the rear of driver seat. Would they be legal for Edna Bombers or I37 Pure Stocks??????? Thanks

There is nothing in the Texana Bomber rules that would prevent you from decking in the interior of the car. There are a few cars in bombers that are decked in. You do have to have a front firewall, a floor and a rear fireweall, but nothing prevents it from being decked in. Send me a pm if I didn't underwstand the quetion correctly.

thx - Monty

Thanks for the info, but the rear firewall on both cars has been removed. The floor pan is still all there and the front firewall is all in one piece. They both are old asphalt cars that have been sitting around for years. They are way to outdated to return to the pavement.

I made contact the Tech Man to be certain and removing / replacing the original stock rear firewall is not a problem. With regard to the rear firewall, what they would be looking for is a safe barrier between you and the rear of the car. From what you described, you have an alternative barrier between the driver and the rear of the car.

Let me know if more ?'s.

thx - Monty

Thanks Monty. We will see you out there this next year!

Matthew Hodge

Good deal. We look forward to meeting you guys. I think you'll enjoy running with the other drivers.

It's a good close knit group in the pits. I think you'll like enjoy the fan base also. A great group of fans who really appreciate good ole dirt track racing.

-Monty

Archived