Transponders

RobbinsSr

The Tranx260 is most commonly used. The 160 would probably work but must pass the loop at no more than 12 inches above the loop, where the 260 can be up to 24 inches.

I'm not sure on the prices they were quoting at the meeting Saturday, but the Tranx260 is still advertised at around $380 on many websites.

Hope that helps.

The Tranx260 is most commonly used. The 160 would probably work but must pass the loop at no more than 12 inches above the loop, where the 260 can be up to 24 inches.

I'm not sure on the prices they were quoting at the meeting Saturday, but the Tranx260 is still advertised at around $380 on many websites.

Hope that helps.

So if the 160 is mounted on the frame that is 6 to 8 inches high it should work just fine.

While I can not say that it will definately work (because I have not tried it), I honestly do not see why it wouldn't work. The 160 uses the same decoder as the 260. The two main limitations are the distance from the loop and the 160 model has a max speed of 100 mph compared to 160 mph for the 260 model. I looked at both versions for my dwarf car and decided on the 260 just to be on the safe side.

Archived