David at Daytona

ChuckLicata

Hey gang...

Just got done with completing Day One here at Daytona...it was a little helter-skelter...My accountant, Rebecca Cooper, and I got in after a grueling 17-hour, straight-through drive to Daytona...After getting our credentials (at 4 p.m. ET), I walked over to the track and did a segment with Craig Way on KVET-AM (I'll be doing a segment Wed. and Thursday at 3:40 with Craig as well if you'd like to tune in--www.sportsradio1300.com)..here are the notes I got in just 2 hours at the track, please remember that most people, outside of the CTS people, were already gone from the track by the time we got there..

DAVID STARR..It was so great to see David today. We caught him at 5 p.m ET as the CTrucks were going through tech..David's was 3rd in line...as for tech, it supposedly took 3-plus hours for a team to get completely done with tech--David was planning on leaving at 7:30 to go for some dinner with a friend. He talked to Becky and I for quite a while; he's really pumped up about starting "fresh" after last season's problems. He really feels like the Spears team is fired up and ready to deliver on Friday night! He did a "fanfest" today at Daytona USA (a popular fan gathering here) from 4-4:30 p.m...he REALLY enjoyed his half-hour answering fans' questions to him, he was excited because he said there fans from ALL OVER the country! Afterwards, David went with a few other drivers to a local hpspital to visit some kids, in a gathering set up by Bill France Junior's wife..he had a big smile on his face as he talked to us about it...He looked great and his spirits were VERY HIGH...We'll see him tomorrow after practice--dont' forget that the trucks qualify tomorrow night!

CHAS GLACE FROM CHASCO CONTRACTING IN ROUND ROCK..For those of you who know him, Chas is one of the classiest, nicest men you'd ever want to meet, and is the BIGGEST David Starr supporter around! He and his wonderful wife, Kathy, got into Daytona on Sunday in their beautiful motor coach...we'll hook up again with Chas tomorrow, and hopefully watch truck testing and qualifying with him...

Archived