Looking for a few good people

NickHolt

I happen to know that Thunder Hill Raceway is looking for a few good people to serve as Race Officals at the track this season.

Duties: Serve as an Infield Official on race nights. Be the eyes and ears for the Competiton Director during race events. Help with on-track line-ups. Assist in maintaining the racing surface. Direct race cars around accident sites. Relay messages to and from the track to the flagstand, scoring booth and Competiton Director via two-way radios. Other duties as directed by the track management, flagman and Competiton Director.

Qualifications: Must be able to be 100% unbiased in making calls during race events. Must love racing and have a desire to be in the inside of the sport. Must be agile (to avoid getting run over), have good eyesight, have good judgement and be willing to pitch in wherever needed. Must be 18, or older, or able to get your parents permission to work in this dangerous environment. Gender not an issue.

If this sounds like you, get in touch with me, Nick Holt. at nick@texasspeedzome.com or by a PM.

Oh, you want to know about pay? Well.. um.. er... ah... Brian will give you free tickets to either the pit area or grandstands for you immediate family! And.. um.. er.. ah.. you get to work with a really nice bunch of folks. And you get to be part of the best sport in America. And, I understand that if someone really does a great job for the track as an Infield Official, there might be opportunities to move into other areas like Tech or Scoriing or helping out on the flagstand.

Nick Holt

• 4 weeks later...

Archived