2009 Schedule

TRP

We have completed the 2009 Schedule.

We will be running all of the classes from 2008 with no rule changes (Teen Mini's, Dwarfs, Bombers, Hot Stock Trucks, Super Stocks, Limited Mods, Mods)

We will allow up to two rain-outs that will not be made up. If we get more than two rain-outs, we will start making those events up.

We will add other special items not already noted, to the schedule as they develop.

This schedule will be posted on the Texana website in the next couple of weeks:

March 14th - Practice

March 21st - Practice

March 28th - Opening Night (Double Points), Super Stocks off

April 11th - Trucks Off, Super Stocks double points, Demo Derby #1

April 25th - Dwarfs off

May 9th - Minis off (Spectator Races)

May 16th - Super Stocks off (kids foot races)

June 6th - Trucks off (Kids Go-Karts #1)

June 20th - Dwarfs off (50 cent Hot Dog and 50 cent Soda night)

July 3rd - ASCS Sprints, plus Mini's, Dwarfs and Trucks

July 4th - ASCS Sprints, plus Bombers, Limited Mods and Mods

July 18th - Trucks Off (Annual Kids Bicycles Give-Away)

August 1st - Dwarfs off

August 15th - Minis off (Kids Go-Karts #2)

August 29th - Super Stocks off

Sept. 5th - Trucks off

Sept. 19th - Final points night. Double Points All classes race, plus Blindfold Race, Reverse Race and Demo Derby

October 3rd - TBA

Oct. 17th - TBA

If I am correct the super stocks run 11 times?

I count 10. ?? We decided to put the class in a regular rotation with the other classes we rotate instead of just once a month. You'll notice that it rotates pretty routinely with a little gap for Supers on July 3&4, then back in step.

So...are you planning to try and work out the rules so I37 cars can run with super stocks? I personally hope they allow either rules....texana and I37 rules....for the best car count...AJ

Bruce is carrying the 2008 rules into 2009 with no changes, given the current state of the economy, which is not likely to improve in the next 9 to 12 months. We have teams that invested pretty heavily in 2008 based on our well intended adoption of the SLMS rules which did not turn out as well as we had hoped, but still a success none the less. Talk to Bruce direct on any suggestions on the rules. He does not monitor these forums, and I think this one could get fairly technical. Just from a quick glance at the new i37 limited late model rules, I would be concerned that we would be further alienating the remaining street stocks running with our supers, if we were to incorporate the full tube fronts. As you know, I'm not a technical expert but that just seems that it would really push the full frame teams away. In short, Bruce's intent was to carry everything forward so as not to introduce any new costs in light of the economy. But, do talk to him direct if you see something that would work.

-Monty

Not sure if i care... tired of trying to help people help themselves....the tube frontend you are worried about is just a cheap alternative to running a camaro front clip...same mounting points...just not made 35 years ago...besides I doubt there will be 2 cars with it....and the 2 bbl would probably help the stock frame cars...but I can tell you you will lose car counts if you keep your head in the sand and stick with the lms rules only(which are a very poor set of rules) but I doubt anyone is worried about this class... I was only suggesting allowing both....so the new cars would have to run 2bbl...the stock frame guys could weigh 300 # less and run a 4bbl......

I just wish they would get rid of the weight penalty for running spec tires. Open the tire choice, this is super stock after all.

I think Bruce would likely be open to that idea. Guys in that class talk with him and if he directs me to make the change, I will.

-Monty

I will really welcome almost anything that used 4412 carbs and no tire restrictions. Give stock full framed cars a small weight break to attract them. Your killing our wallets with this spec tire.

I am not saying just the spec tire, run any tire you want with a max on tread width maybe? At times the narrow tire is better to have, but why penalize the guy who wants to run the wider tire? Wieght break is a good idea, didn't TRP rules allow a weight break for true leaf spring suspensions? Could this be extended to cover all full frame cars?

Good thoughts. Get with Bruce on these, maybe during down-time at the banquet later in the evening if you're there. I know that at one point last year, he was also discussing the tires being a choice with a max size as the limiting factor. Once you talk it out with him, if there are changes, he'll let me know and we'll go in and make the changes accordingly to those rules.

He doesn't really read these forums, and I don't want to be the messenger on rule suggestions.

thx - Monty

Archived