Ken Schrader to Compete in USMTS Show

TRP

I've been waiting a while on the green light to announce this and now I have it.

The driver known to race just about anything that has wheels, NASCAR great, Kenny Schrader is scheduled to compete at the USMTS 3 Day Show at Texana Raceway Park. Kenny has scheduled to compete in all three days of competition.

An excerpt of Kenny's bio from his website follows:

......The story of how Schrader’s racing career began has been told so many times that it is almost legend in the NASCAR ranks.

At the young age of three, Schrader’s dad Bill tied a cable from his go-kart to a post in the backyard of their Midwestern home. Schrader would go round and round in circles. When the go-kart ran out of gas, Schrader would ask his dad to fill it back up. Then he would start going in circles all over again.

Schrader’s love of racing has only progressed over the years.

“I guess you could say that I have been dizzy ever since,” Schrader said. “I really don’t think it is an exaggeration when I say that racing is all I’ve ever known. I’ve been racing since I could walk, and it is really all I have ever wanted to do. To be honest, I would race everyday if I had the opportunity.”

And that’s no understatement. At one point in his career, Schrader was running in excess of 100 races each year. In recent years, Schrader has cut that number back to about 90 races a season, but he still climbs in that race car every time he has the chance.

For the past 20 years, Schrader has focused on racing full-time in the Nextel Cup Series. However, he also drives for his self-owned team in a variety of series including the Craftsman Truck Series, the NASCAR Grand National West Division, the NASCAR Auto Zone Elite Southwest Series and the ARCA Series. Schrader also finds time to stay close to his roots as he also races at various dirt tracks throughout the Midwest each year.

Driving and owning his own team isn’t Schrader’s only connection to racing. For the past nine years, he has also been co-promoter for one of the 3/8-mile dirt tracks where he grew up racing – I-55 Raceway in Pevely, Mo.

Schrader’s career started at local dirt tracks just like the one he now owns. Before getting behind the wheel of a stock car, Schrader raced all over the Midwest, driving mostly open wheel cars....

read more at www.schraderracing.com

It is tuly an honor for Texana Raceway Park to have Kenny in for this innagural event with the USMTS series. Don't miss the opportunity to see Kenny compete or possibly the opportunity to run door to door with the legendary Ken Schrader.

This is surely going to be one of the biggest shows in the state in 2008 and you won't want to miss this one.

-Monty

I got the privilage to see most of these hot shoes in action this past weekend in Las Cruces, NM at the 9th annual Fall Nationals at Southern New Mexico Speedway. I had a blast and was fortunate enough to take 700+ pictures of the event. I have the first day up and the second day will be uploading throughout the day.

Fall Nationals Day 1 SNMS

How friggen cool is that, my hero coming to Edna! Wonder if he will let me demud his car after hot laps, :D

Well alrighty then...... Yep, this is just about as cool as it gets for us...... I'm pretty sure he'll let you demud his car.. lol .... Seems like he is about as approachable as they get when it comes to NASCAR drivers, so it'll be great having him in the pits.

My brush with fame today....... Just after 1pm today my cell phone rang with an out of area number, which I did not recognize. I figured with the USMTS show coming up it could be in relation to the event. Uhhhh, it was. But, to my surprise it was the man himself, Ken Schrader calling me. What a super nice and down to earth guy Ken was, and he talked with me like he's known me forever. He's truly as nice as what everyone describes. I have to tell you I was sure nervous talking with Ken, but I think I hid that fairly well.

Folks if you've never bought a pit pass before, this is your chance to meet on of NASCAR's real deals.

-Monty

Archived