Practice at CC

champ1796

Yes they had free practice on sat. and sun. It was a lot of fun. It was a little sad to see a few of the cars hit the wall all ready but the track was slick and Bill # 13 SS lost his motor sun. but has another one ready to go. Whoo.

I was surprised the pits where not packed on sat. and sun. I was real suprised on Sun. there where only a few cars out there.

It was fun and Owen is doing a great job. He was all over the track even helping the fire crew sweep the track.

From BOMBER to ROMCO this has been seen before . I hope Donnie and his brother learn from this first accident. It is along way from the bottom class to the top Series without anything in between to get you ready . Robert Elizondo learned the hard way . I wish you guys the best of luck in ROMCO and hope you get plenty of seat time before the first race . If you think the track is small with one car out there wait till you have 20 ROMCO guys on the track . SEAT TIME , get plenty!

damn my keyboard is broke donny nesloney is driving joey's old car.

didnt they repave the track? spilled a drink in my keyboard and now when i press 83e 83e comes out lol damn the numbers are sticking to lets do 1 10 1283e54t5476u7683910 lol yep my numbers are messed up!

I was worried when the Nesloney boys told me they were going ROMCO from bombers, but I hope they do better than some of the others that have made that big leap. I think they both need more experience than what they have and should have tried running in the super street class for awhile.. Donny has had less than 2 years in the bombers and Darenger (spelled like the gun) has had less than a year.. I have known these boys my whole life and I want the best possible outcome for them. I hope they have fun and stay safe. i will be cheering for them when they are in Corpus!

Did anyone get a glimpse at the Lee Motorsports Pro 4 car? I think Dad said they were turning mid 13's. Are those good times... for a 4 cylinder? :P

I guess they were until Randy put the rear end in the wall on his last lap. Oh well, Dad wanted to put a Taurus body on it anyway. I guess now is the time.

Tim

EDIT: I think their first race is April, in Las Vegas.

Yes they did just re seal the track, it was slick, a couple of Romco's and other cars hit the wall in practice. It would be great if Donnie and Darenger do well in Romco. It is a big jump but, you never know. I wish them the best of luck.

Good luck all.

Actually the track started off slick but really came around towards the end of the day. I know for a fact that 2 of the modifieds that practiced turned times with in 1 tenth of the track record for TAMS. We worked on the track some Saturday night after the practice and it was real good on Sunday. Several drivers that ran both days told me the track was good on Sunday.

Archived