SPONSOSHIP

MUmscheid 51

I have been looking for the sponsorship needed to further my racing career for quite some time now and i was just wondering if anyone knows anyone interested in getting involved in the racing community. Thanks

Michael, if all it took was going on a web site (or even setting one up) and asking for sponsorship, we'd all be in NASCAR.

It takes a great deal of work not just to race, but to get known in places that will help you get to the right people to talk about sponsorship, which really involves figuring out how to help someone sell their product or service by being associated with you and your racing effort.

Want an example? Check out Kenny Wallace. He's selling a heck of a lot of Stacker 2, and it has nothing to do with his ability behind the wheel.

Or, for an even better example, Michael Waltrip. NAPA didn't come to DEI with the big bucks for Michael because he's a great driver. But he is a great salesman and personality.

That said, I'd be glad to talk to you about what it takes, as I'm sure Chuck would be.

M Umscheid

I think i know away that you can get money to race on. Post the sponsor that you find on here then you go sell tickets to fight that's going to happen with all the racers going over there to get that same sponsor lol . Just remember it's not what you know it's who you know the more people that know who you are the better chance your going to have of getting them to put money in your race program.I saw a deal on John Force one time he said the best thing that he ever did to get sponsors was learn how to play golf.Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Archived