6. #77 Jim Mullins

7. #9 Chris Terry

8. #07 Megan Smith

9. #14 Travis Roberts

10. #11 Mike Hacket

11. #17 Gary Smith

12. #8 Stephen Peppers

13. #6 Kevin Hummel

After hours of deliberation...the NASKART rules council has reviewed the finish on video...and determinied this to be the final results of this race after reviewing the finish

at the finish line at the end of lap 17, starting the 18th lap. The red flag was thrown after all karts were scored at the line.

Race was called due to an on track incident.

How is it that 2 karts that crashed and had to be "towed" off the track finish in front of anyone that passed them on the lead lap as the wreck was occuring? I mean come on. Normally crashed cars that cannot return to the race get a DNF. The #11 and #17 passed these crashed karts as the wreck was still in progress. The #11 finshed the 18th lap, the crashed Karts did not. Just wondering ;)

How is it that 2 karts that crashed and had to be "towed" off the track finish in front of anyone that passed them on the lead lap as the wreck was occuring? I mean come on. Normally crashed cars that cannot return to the race get a DNF. The #11 and #17 passed these crashed karts as the wreck was still in progress. The #11 finshed the 18th lap, the crashed Karts did not. Just wondering ;)

mike, they were scored as they crossed the line before the crash. we looked at all the options an videos.an this is how it will go. see ya satueday. beaner...........................................

mike, they were scored as they crossed the line before the crash. we looked at all the options an videos.an this is how it will go. see ya satueday. beaner...........................................

I guess it depends what was considered the last completed lap. I for one went around and completed the 18th lap along with the other drivers that were not involved and sitting at the S/F line waiting for a restart. JMHO...So if the #71 Steinomite car was involved in this accident, totaled his kart, ( thank god it didn't) he still would have won the race?

Thanks for the answer...but doesnt it make more sense to score the karts where they are located after the crash? Not that the results effects me, I just think we need to come up with a set rule on this for the future. If I would have been in the points chase I would have a real problem with the scoring on that race. BTW I can't make today's race. I had some things come up earlier this week that need my attention today. Sorry guys.

I tought there was a rule that a driver could not use the concrete or rumble strips to make a pass. I saw the 71 cart hit the strips when he was passing the leaders. That should be a penalty. Rules are Rules right?

Is there a video of the race or incident that has been posted on the web?

Is there a video of the race or incident that has been posted on the web?

NOTE, THERE IS TWO VIDEOS AT TWO DIFFERENT ANGLES. WE STUDIED BOTH OF THESE ,LOOKED THEM OVER NUMERIOUS TIMES AN MADE OUR DECISION BASE ON THE WAY THE CURRENT RULES WORK. WE GOT SEVERAL OPIONS ON HOW THE SCOREING GOES AROUND BASICALLY ALL THE RACING TRACKWS. WE SPENT A LOT OF TIME MAKING SURE THE DECESSION WAS CORRECT. THANKS. BEANER...................

Archived