sat race thunderhill

HELLO NASKART FAMILY. I JUST WANT TO REPORT THAT JIM MULLINS IS OK, NO BROKEN BONES. JUST SOME BIG BRUSES. HE TOOK A TERRIBLE RIDE,ALONG WITH TRAVIS ROBERTS IN TURN ONE. BOTH NAILED THE WALL, AN MESSED UP BOTH KARTS. BUT JUST TO REPORT ,HE IS OK, I WANT TO THANK BRIAN KUEMPLE FOR GOING TO THE HOSPITAL AN CHECKING ON JIM ,AN THEN REPORTING BACK TO US.THANK YOU BRIAN. HOPEFULLY WE WILL GET SEVERAL VIDEOS OF THIS INCIDENT AN MAKE SOME REASONABLE DECISION ABOUT WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. HOPE ALL ARE OK,GET A GOOD NIGHTS REST, CHAT LATER. BEANER...............................

Thank the Good Lord that no one was seriously injured (or worse) in that one. Seeing drivers flying through the air and smashing the wall while their Karts skid down the track upside down after a flight of their own was scary to say the least.

I watched it all unfold from upstairs but I'm not at all sure how it all got started... but you knew something had to give when all those Karts were bunched up so tightly after that competition yellow...

Glad to hear everyone survived.

Nick

Thank the Good Lord that no one was seriously injured (or worse) in that one. Seeing drivers flying through the air and smashing the wall while their Karts skid down the track upside down after a flight of their own was scary to say the least.

I watched it all unfold from upstairs but I'm not at all sure how it all got started... but you knew something had to give when all those Karts were bunched up so tightly after that competition yellow...

Glad to hear everyone survived.

Nick

NICK, THANKS FOR THE INPUT. I TO SAW THAT SOMETHING HAD TO GIVE. WE WILL STUDY THE VIDEOS AN MAKE A DECESSION AS TO THE CAUSE,AN WILL CORRECT IT IMMEDIATELY. I KNOW THE POINTS ARE VERY CLOSE,AN THE KARTS ARE VERY CLOSE IN COMPETION,BUT THE CLASS WILL PREVAIL,AN MOVE ON.THERE IS TO MUCH INTEREST IN NASKARTS WAY OF RACING. WE ARE ALL WAYS TRYING TO IMPROVE THE SAFETY OF EACH DRIVER,AN STILL PUT ON A GOOD SHOW FOR THE CROWD. WHILE I'M ON THE CROWD,I THINK THAT WAS THE BIGGEST CROWD THIS YEAR. LATER. BEANER...............................

you guys are fools if yall don't get rid of the fire suits and make it mandatory for leathers. why are yall even wearing nomex?

i've known guys that i raced with that yall put in carts for a race and they wore their own fire suits. some of the carts that were on the track saturday night had drivers wearing blue jeans.....

I didnt get to see the race as I was working on my own car, you guys always put on a hell of a show but maybe these things need to get slowed up a bit on this track. JMO. Not trying to ruffle any feathers, I just dont want you guys to get hurt or stop running at THR. Good luck, see you guys next season.

Cory Lovell

TSRS #61

I watched a couple of races last year and between then and now you guys have really picked up the pace. Last year it was kind of ho hum, here they come but you guys are flying now... As far as the incident last night, I know from the TPS race it was a greasy track. I saw the incident as it happened and boy was that scary! I could swear I saw the driver land on his helmet with the kart either on top or passing overhead!

You guys need to do what ever you see fit for the safety of the drivers but from a fans perspective I would hate to see this go the way of NASCAR restrictor plate racing. If you need to slow down, do something to kill some aero and make it less about the draft if at all possible.

just my $.02..

We appreciate you $.02.

Yes, we have picked up the speed and lap times. Last year and earlier this year, these guys were just flat out the whole way around the track. I think a lot of them are still trying to drive the track like that. With the added horse power that everyone has, you now have to get out of it and at times even brake in the corners. Our lap times are in the low 17 second range. I think the fastes lap we have seen is a 17:22.

We have gone four years without a major incident like Saturday night and I know it was a wake up call to all the drivers. We can put on a show for the fans without slowing down the karts. It is a mater of driver control and some curtious driving. The setup has to be tweaked to handle the extra speed but it isn't hard to make them stick. This insident was self induced and should not have happened. We will be taking steps to insure that it dosen't happen again without slowing them down,

Smitty

My question is....who was the announcer for the NasKarts?? I myself got more upset with him....As everyone is flying around and out of their karts, he was more worried about his kart, and how his kart was in the points lead or something like that. He never made an effort to go check on the drivers....

JMO........

My question is....who was the announcer for the NasKarts?? I myself got more upset with him....As everyone is flying around and out of their karts, he was more worried about his kart, and how his kart was in the points lead or something like that. He never made an effort to go check on the drivers....

JMO........

JMO. SORRY YOU MISTOOK WHAT WAS BEING SAID. I MENTIONED THE KART BECAUSE I COULDN'T SEE MY DRIVER AN THOUGHT HE WAS INJURED. I TRY TO GIVE AS MUCH INFO TO THE FANS AS POSSIBLE. I TRY TO MENTION DRIVERS, POINT STANDINGS,ETC. SO THE FANS HAVE SOME IDEA ABOUT HOW THINGS ARE GOING. SORRY YOU GOT UP SET,BUT DOING THE JOB I DO,YOU CAN ASK ANY ANNOUNCER HOW IT ISN'T EASY. SOMETIMES I GET CARRIED AWAY TRYING TO BRING THE FANS A GOOD REPORT AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON AN FORGET SOMEONE DRIVING. I TRY TO GIVE AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE SO FANS KIND OF KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT EACH DRIVER. NOW TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND, MY KART HAS NEVER BEEN A POINTS LEADER, WE ARE A 3RD OR 4TH PLACE KART,BUT NEXT YEAR THINGS WILL BE BETTER. I HAVE ONE OF THE BEST DRIVERS IN THE COUNTRY,AN I FOR ONE,WOULD NOT WANT TO SEE HIM OR ANY OF MY NASKART FAMILY HURT, OR INJURED. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU UNDERSTAND BETTER. YOU ARE WELCOME TO COME IN THE PITS AFTER THE RACES AN MEET SOME OF THE BEST NASKART DRIVERS IN THE AREA. HAVE A GOOD WEEK AN HOPE TO MEET YOU, I APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT. LATER. BEANER..............................

I watched the Karts Saturday night and could see a serious accident beginning about two laps before it happened. I even commented to Budman that there was some real serious rubbing going on after that restart and they were banging each other harder than normal. I understand the drafting and an occasional nudge now and then but the bumping Saturday night was intentional and hard so it was an accident looking for a place to happen. Thank God there were no serious injuries but first time I ever seen a Kart roll. :(

Hello Everyone! I am the one that was doing the flying from what they tell me. The Allstate # 77 car. I do not remember a thing but I can tell you the helment and skid suit did the job. It is all torn to pieces but no holes. I have severe cuts, not sure how it happened as there are no holes in the suite. I am very thankful to be alive today and walking around. The report from the ER was just that as well. This is a Great Series to race in! I know Roy will take care of any and all issues!

Thanks,

Jim Mullins

I watched the Karts Saturday night and could see a serious accident beginning about two laps before it happened. I even commented to Budman that there was some real serious rubbing going on after that restart and they were banging each other harder than normal. I understand the drafting and an occasional nudge now and then but the bumping Saturday night was intentional and hard so it was an accident looking for a place to happen. Thank God there were no serious injuries but first time I ever seen a Kart roll. :(

DANO36, APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT. YOU ARE CORRECT,IT STARTED ON THE BACK SIDE ON LAP 16. THE AGGRESSION WAS SETTING IN. WE ARE GETTING 2 DIFFERENT VIEWS FROM THOSE WHO VIDEOED THE RACE. DRASTIC MEASURES WILL BE TAKEN IN ALL AREAS TO BE SURE SOMETHING LIKE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN DUE TO DRIVER ERROR. I ALREADY HAVE A PROTO OF NEXT YEARS AREO FRONT FEHRRING BEING MADE AS WE SPEAK, IT DIFFINITELY WILL BE IN PLACE FOR NEXT SEASON RACES. I KNOW THE FANS LOVE GOOD RACING ,BUT AGGRESSION WILL BE DELT WITH SOON. AS THE PROMOTER, I WILL SEE THAT ALL AVENUES OF SAFETY WILL BE EXPLORED BEFORE NEXT SEASON. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT. IT WILL BE USED. THANKS. BEANER.....................................

Glad to hear you are ok, it looked pretty bad from where I sat. I was just thinking something was about to give with the intense racing that was going on among you guys and was good to see the other individual who was in it with you run to check on you once he was able to.

Glad to hear you are ok, it looked pretty bad from where I sat. I was just thinking something was about to give with the intense racing that was going on among you guys and was good to see the other individual who was in it with you run to check on you once he was able to.

97 car, appreciate your response. we are like a big family. we care for each other,an no one wants to see somebody hurt. Both Brian Kuemple in kart #10,an Travis Roberts, kart #14, got out of their karts an rushed to be of help. That is the way this Naskart club operates. Sure it looked like a lot of excessive bumping was going on ,but we will deal with that this week,as we prepare for a road course race this weekend. Again, thanks for your input. later. Beaner....................................

Archived