Best Super Late Model Chassis?

Jason

It would be kinda hard to pick one as the best. I've bent a wrench on most of them, and watched all of them.

I know Eddy Wallace really likes his Hamke, The Lefthander cars are quick,

The GARC and Port-City cars are always fast, and so on.

Like nightmoves said, it is mainly set-up. Get the thing to handle, and it won't matter too much who bent the pipe. The better drivers and chassis tuners out there have the ability to make any chassis fast.

Several of the SLM drivers around the Pensacola, Mobile Area are switching to chassis built by Dave Mader III in N. Carolina. He had two cars on the tracks around here last year and both of them were super fast. He drove one and Jeremy Pate drove the other. Between them, I think they were the pole sitters or winners for a lot of the long races in this area last year. So If you are looking into buying a new chassis, I would suggest you contact Dave.

Llamadog's right about those Mader cars--He was fast at Mobile in November.

Rusty--You headed to ROMCO with that car? GARC is some good pipe, Frankie has built fast stuff for years.

Tom,

We bought John Heil's car and are going to run as many ROMCO races as we can afford. Waiting delivery of 9:1 motor bought out of Charlotte. Hope we can have car put together by 1st race, but that's only 3 weeks away so it's "iffy". Still looking for some major components like transmission (we may have to start out with our old Muncie), drive shaft, and radiator. Just about totally robbed the old modified for everything we can use.

What are you doing this year? Are you going to crew ROMCO and TAMS again?

Hope to see you in March.

Glad to see ya'll moving up, Rusty.

I'll be doing both series again, and also helping a friend with a Kyle Street Stock when I can. Whatever keeps me busy on a Saturday night!

Luckily, This new job I started is weekdays, and I get every other Friday off,

so my work schedule is very racer-friendly.

We'll see ya in March!

Archived