Sept. 27th, Powder Puff, Mechanics and Parent Challenge in Minis

TRP

This Saturday, September 27th will be an action packed and exciting night at Texana Raceway Park. All classes except Super Stocks are racing.

It is the last night of points racing and it will be double points for heats and features. Class Champions will be determined on this night!

Plus it will be $1,000 to win in Modifieds and $800 to win in Limiteds..... And, $35 extra added to the regular purse for feature starters in Mods and Limiteds, for 2nd - back. It will be a minimum pay back of $85 in Mods and $75 in Limiteds, just to start the feature.

Following all features, it will be a Parents in the Mini-Stocks Challenge, Power Puff Races and Mechanics Races.

Listen to KIXS, 107.9 FM later this week for commercials and tell your friends and neighbors about Texana Raceway Park this Saturday. Don't miss the final points night of the season, this Saturday - September 27th at Texana Raceway Park.

For the Parents Challenge, I know I'm in, if Lauren brings the car back from the feature in race condition.. :blink: Very proud of her this year!

AJ told me he is in.... I've heard Brad Hayes is in..... Who else is in for this? How about a Konvicka, Perks, Bennett and others???? I've been looking forward to this one for a while.

They'll have sign-up for the Parent Challenge, Powder Puffs, and Mechanics Races at the pit sign-in / pay window.

We've got at least one Limited Mod planning to run in Powder Puff. In years past, we've generally only seen fender cars interested in powder puff or mechanics races. But, if we get enough interest in the Limiteds and Mods for each, we'll be run them as a group by themselves in each.

We'll have a sign-up sheet at the pit window for the each event, and we'll include the class of the car so we can be as organized as possible to roll forward as soon as the features end.

well we got it running again... well just see how she does though.... and wat is the( powder puff race) i never got to see it last year????

A Powder Puff race is for female drivers, who are not currently racing. Ideally, it is also for someone who hasn't been a registered driver in the recent few years. But, the track hasn't been too terribly strict on the recent few years given that this is for fun. Generally a chance for wifes, girl friends, moms, aunts, or whoever to get on the track and have a little fun.

To add to the excitement for this weekend, there are only two classes that have a definite champion before Saturday. First, the Super Stock champion is G.W. Hessong as that class completed their last night of points competition for 2008 on Sept. 6th.

Mathematically, Nick Hardcastle has secured the Modified class championship with more than a 250 point lead over Jesse Manning.

Congratulations to G.W. and Nick! Your dedication and hard work paid off....

Now, all of the rest of the class champions are mathematically up for grabs. What makes this even more dramatic is that this Saturday is double points. While five classes remain with potential scenarios for class champions, the Texana Classic Dwarfs are definitely the closest. It is likely that the Texana Classic Dwarfs championship could come down to the very last lap, given the points runners are always strong finishers.

Texana Raceway Park would like to wish good luck everyone this Saturday and extra good luck to the potential points champions in the Chase.

This will create some excitement for every heat race and every feature this Saturday.

Archived