Lyndon Kirk, driving the #20 Smitty Built entry wins on the road cours

Iron Rock Raceway, Sunday afternoon. Hot, fast and demanding is how you describe the road course at Iron Rock.

Lyndon Kirk was up to the challenge. He took his Smitty Built Racing #20 NasKart to the winners circle for the second road course win in a row.

With lap time in the low 42 second range and twisting his Smitty Built motor over the 6,800 rpm mark, he was able to finaly get by the very fast #71 Mike Steinman entry. Mike got out to the early lead and and ran up front until just after mid race. Lyndon was able to get by as Mike started to loose front grip.

They put on a great show for the fans. It took some real stamana to race flat out for 15 laps at the ever demanding Iron Rock track

Congrats to Lyndon, Mike and Brian on a very good race

TRUE, IT WAS AN EXCITING DAY FOR MOST.BUT I DID MAKE A BLUNDER TO KEEP MY DRIVER AN KART BY FORGETTING THE CHANGE THE GEAR RATIO, THUS HAVING TRAVIS FINISH 4TH, HE DID HAVE THE "RS"BUILT ENGINE TO BE UP IN THE MIX. BUT I DID MAKE A MISTAKE WHICH KEPT HIM FROM WINNING. SORRY TRAVIS. SO CONGRADULATIONS TO LYNDON KIRK FINISHING 1ST,WITH MIKE STEINMAN FINISHING 2ND,AN AS SMITTY STATED EARLIER,BRIAN KUEMPLE FINISHED A STRONG 3RD. LATER BEANER............................

Roy, Sorry you made the gear blunder. I hope it wasn't because loaning us (the #20) your 28 tooth gear.

The great thing about the NasKart group is how we help each othe out. Thanks for all your help to everyone.

I am sure you will have Travis and your #14 back up front for the Stock Car Spactacular

Smitty

Archived