Heath Stewart grabs TSRS Fast Qualifier Award at THR

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MAN Racing Promotions, 512.844.3582

Heath Stewart grabs Fast Qualifier Award tonight at THR for TSRS

Kyle, TX (September 20, 2008) - Heath Stewart ( Del Valle , TX ) has made a habit of being fastest qualifier in this, his first season with the Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS).

Stewart pulled it off again tonight at Thunderhill Raceway (Kyle, TX), laying down a sizzling lap of 15.333 seconds to grab the Fast Qualifier Award during qualifying for tonight’s “Deb Wiliams 75” feature race.

Stewart now has eight career TSRS Fast Qualifier Awards to his credit; he trails only 2005 champion Chris Schild (Leander, TX), who has 13 career FQ Awards. He has won the FQ award eight times out of 10 starts in '08; only Chris Schild and Robert Barker have interupted Stewart's qualifiying efforts this season.

Stewart came out third-to-last in qualifying order and followed 15-year-old Jake Kruger on to the track. Kruger, from Bastrop , paced the field with a fast-lap of 15.439 before Stewart tore up the 3/8-th mile asphalt oval moments later.

Both drivers just missed the series’ qualifying record set by San Antonio ’s Joe Aramendia, who registered a lap of 15.317 seconds back on Oct. 27, 2007.

“Everything was right tonight for someone to set a new track record,” Stewart said after qualifying. “The first lap felt really good and I got excited. In fact, I felt it was too good! I got on the gas and everything felt good in the car on the track. We didn’t run too hard on the (same) tires in practice; we really thought we’d have a chance to set the (track) record tonight.”

Stewart added, “I felt like I pushed it the second time around (even though he doubled his qualifying time of 15.333).”

Kruger, who sits 31 points behind Dillon Spreen ( Boerne , TX ) in the chase for the TSRS Rookie of the Year chase, had a good feeling after his qualifying run.

“We were stout,” Kruger said. “I was real happy with our run although I think I may have ‘left a little bit’ coming out of Turn 2; I didn’t get back on the gas like I would have liked. My crew gave me a ‘pole’ car tonight, but it’s tough to (argue) about losing (fast qualifier) to Heath Stewart.”

Stewart, who leads the overall TSRS points standings, used tonight’s qualifting session to “set the pace” for next week’s TSRS race (as part of the AllState Texas Stock Car Spectacular).

“Based on tonight, we’ll more than likely see someone set a new (qualifying record) next weekend,” Stewart stated. “The weather should be accommodating, it’s a lot cooler now than it’s been almost all year.”

Information on TSRS can be found at www.manracingpromotions.com. Information about THR can be found at www.thunderhillraceway.com.

- 30 -