Houston Motorsports Park

UMSCHEIDRaceServices

I just talked with Graham on the phone from HMP and he told me that they are working to get the track cleaned up; he had crews there working on the place, and will try and have races there this weekend. This isn’t official but I wanted everyone to know so they could be prepared to race with them this Saturday night.

Hopefully they will have power restored and will be able to get online and give us an official update in the next day or two.

Good luck to everyone who sustained some sort of damage and if there is anything we can do to help please let us know.

Look forward to seeing everyone this weekend!

J.C Umscheid

I got an e-mail from John that said the same thing and that if there was power then they would be there. My suggestion is to try and find out through here who's going to attend. I think that with all the areas still hurting for fuel and putting all extra gas in generators I don't know how many will even think about showing up. I know that we can't attend and I don't know how many of the local drivers can.

I think we need to move the last truck race to the end of the season.....just my opinion

JC YOU MAY BE THE ONLY RACER AT HMP. MOST OF US ARE WITHOUT POWER AT HOME AND IN SOME CASES WORK. I HAVE SPOKE TO SOME OF THE RACERS IN THE PRO MOD AND LATE MODEL CLASSES AND THEY DO NOT PLAN ON RACING THIS WEEKEND. YOU MAY WANT TO RELAY THIS TO GRAHAM UNLESS HE ALREADY KNOWS. ALSO WITH THE DEVISTATION IN HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS HOW MANY SPECTATORS DO YOU FIQURE WE WILL HAVE SHOW UP FOR THE RACES THIS WEEKEND. I, AS WELL AS THE REST OF THE RACERS WOULD LOVE TO RACE THIS WEEKEND BUT DUE TO THE CIRCUMSTANCES WILL NOT BE RACING THIS WEEKEND.

Guys, All I was doing was relaying the news I got from Graham. As I said in the previous post it wasnt anoffical statement. I was telling the racers so that if there was a way they could be ready to race this weekend. Im sure as soon as they can HMP will get on line and let everyone know what the situation for this coming weekend will be.

J.C

Edited by UMSCHEIDRaceServices

Frankly, we would love to go racing this weekend just to have a bit of a normal life again. We could use the break from the stress of falling pine trees. flooding, no electricity, helping our neighbors, and having kids home from school. If nothing else it would help ease the situation for us just a bit by having a chance to get away from the destruction. However, if we do go racing this weekend I think we'd feel guilty that we were having fun while there is so much destruction around us.

as a disclaimer*******************THIS IS STRICKLY MY OPINION****************************

It is my opinion that due to the devistation of the area we need to cancel the remainder of the racing or atleast points season. It's not fair for someone who has made races all year but has major devistation to be knocked out of the points like this. If there are folks that want to go to hmp on saturday and run some laps for entertainment or just to get out then great but the remainder of the points season should be cancelled.

As I said above, this is just my opinion.

as a disclaimer*******************THIS IS STRICKLY MY OPINION****************************

It is my opinion that due to the devistation of the area we need to cancel the remainder of the racing or atleast points season. It's not fair for someone who has made races all year but has major devistation to be knocked out of the points like this. If there are folks that want to go to hmp on saturday and run some laps for entertainment or just to get out then great but the remainder of the points season should be cancelled.

As I said above, this is just my opinion.

It's not fair to cut the season short on someone who was not devastated either!!!!!!This thing will be over in a couple of weeks and everything will be back to normal!!!!!!Get your truck ready and have a RACE DAY!!!!!!!!! ;)B)

Landlord,

I have no opinion on whether the track should open or not, but I'm guessing your home wasn't hit badly if you say life will be normal in a few weeks. As my nephew says I'm homeless. (out of the mouth of babes). I know that I don't own a race car, when you lose your home life doesn't go back to normal in a few weeks. Some of us have to completely re-build our lives. Lets not be insensitive.

Amanda

Edited by racegirl

hello all what a trip the last 6-7 days

i dont think that there will be alot of people wearing "i like ike" buttons

these people that cant handle not having power or t.v. is really amazing

i guess none of these people have ever been camping..but from the majority stand point it has

been nice to see "most" people pull them selves up and fix stuff and help their neighbors...

watching the news is the worst thing in the world at a time like this..drama drama drama..

they only focus on the negatives....i wish we where racing this weekend at hmp...but i understand why we aren't....the power came back on at this house last night about 6pm other than the a/c cant really notice

for those in despare and huge loss...god bless and good luck

Landlord,

I have no opinion on whether the track should open or not, but I'm guessing your home wasn't hit badly if you say life will be normal in a few weeks. As my nephew says I'm homeless. (out of the mouth of babes). I know that I don't own a race car, when you lose your home life doesn't go back to normal in a few weeks. Some of us have to completely re-build our lives. Lets not be insensitive.

Amanda

Amanda,I should have said most people will be back to normal in a few weeks.My mom lives in Bridge City,TX and lost everything.I have been down there working the last few days and you are right,life for some people is a long way from being normal.I do feel bad for anyone who lost their stuff but I don't think it's fair to cut the season short on the people that was not effected.JMO