super stocks

walt

Check out the new rules at I-37 raceway for 2009. (limited late models) They run on friday nights, if the rules for Texana and I 37 were the same it would increase car counts at both tracks. There are a lot of old asphalt and dirt late models laying around that can be bought cheap with fab front clips, and coil over springs,front steer GM type ( no rack and pinion ) that could bring new blood to the class or get a car that has been sitting in someones back yard because there was no market to sell it , back on the track . There are a lot of ways to even out the rules (ie) wieght,tires heads , intakes , depending what type of chassis you have ,Wheel base ect. and keep the super stocks that are now racing on the track, and get some of these old late models going again. One common carb rule, and leave the tire rule open to run what ya brung. and keep the body style as close as you can for fan appeal. Example : MD 3 style I love Texana raceway park, and I like racing in this class of car . I didn't support the class as much as I wanted to this year ,but I sure don't want to see it go away.. Thre are a lot of good used parts for this type of car that can also be bought cheap. Walt Clark / 33 AJ Whats you opinion on this ?????

Well you asked...actually there rules are ok..but still need work...to many questionable areas, with questionable rules...like the pullbar...why be so specific...just let any pullbar go... and the 2 link only deal...its a superstock...I think it should be left open. Could still make it easy to tech...2 link (or 3 links if you prefer) and leafsprings any tire... everything else g60 or asphalt pulloffs.....Min. weight 2800# ...... But the rule I think should be in place and STRICTLY enforced is a maximum size front bumper...I saw a few cars last weekend with bumpers so strong its a wonder they have not killed themselves or someone else with...this class sort of turned into a destruction derby most races...take away their front bumpers and I bet they dont bump as much...this has always been my favorite class(well at least in which I can afford to run) and I also hope they stick around.

Archived