Trey Mitchell set to make ASA Hickory Motor Speedway start

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tex Motorsports Marketing

www.texmotorsports.com

Trey Mitchell Excited to Make First Start at the Birthplace of the NASCAR Stars

Wimberley, TX 9/15/08- Even if you would have asked nineteen-year-old Trey Mitchell himself two or three years ago, he could not have said that someday he would be racing around the historic Hickory Motor Speedway, the track labeled as the “Birthplace of the Nascar Stars”. But if you talk to him this week, you may just get an earful of what it means to the Texas native to be making his first ever start at the historic 3/8th mile track this weekend as part of the ASA Southeast Asphalt Tour’s Hickory 100 on Saturday September 20th.

“Hickory has to definitely be the most historic race track I’ve ever raced at. Anyone who is anyone in stock car racing has raced Hickory , from Ned Jarrett to Dale Earnhardt Jr. and everyone in between. They’ve all raced here and to be able to do the same as guys like that is pretty special to me personally,” stated Mitchell.

Coming off of an impressive run at Caraway Speedway in his PASS South series debut, Mitchell should have a lot to look forward to. Mitchell was in the third place position on a green-white-checker finish when he unfortunately was sent spinning which resulted in a ninth place finish on paper. While a ninth place finish didn’t quite reflect the run of the Freddie Query led team, it did show the world of late model racing a little bit of what Trey Mitchell is.

“We really had a good showing at Caraway but I didn’t get the finish to show for it so we really need to put together a complete race at Hickory . That’s probably been our worst downfall this year is that we’ve had some real good runs but just not been able to get the good finishes to show for it. Hopefully Hickory will be a different though, it happens to be one of the few tracks I’ve actually seen a race at plus we get a Friday practice so between those two things Freddie and the guys should get me going pretty good,” noted Mitchell.

For more information on public relations issues and sponsorship opportunities with Trey Mitchell Racing team visit his website at www.treymitchellracing.com and www.sponsortrey.com or contact Chris Ragle with Tex Motorsports Marketing at 704-706-3666 or by email at cragle02@yahoo.com.

Race Info:

Event: RC Cola/Moon Pie ASA Southeast Asphalt Tour Hickory 100 - Saturday Sept. 20th, 2008

Track: Hickory Motor Speedway-Hickory, NC