Schedule for last 6 races of the 2008 season

We have changed the schedule just a little due to Hurricane Ike and the reschduling of Thunderhills Race on September 13. The Schedule is as follows:

September 20 - Saturday - Thunderhill Raceway

September 21 - Sunday - Ironrock Raceway

September 27 - Saturday - Thunderhill Raceway (Last Race here this Season)

October 4 - Saturday - Ironrock Raceway

October 11 - Saturday - Ironrock Raceway

November 8 - Saturday - Houston Motorsports Park (Season Finale)

Open dates for rainouts or rescheduling are:

October 12 Sunday

October 18 & 19 Saturday & Sunday

Corpus Christi Race has been dropped due to concerns of rough track conditions for out karts.

Which is it gonna be?

This constant changing of the schedule is getting old. I'd like to be able to make solid plans with my family for the off-weekends.

We are hoping you make some family plans that cannot be changed. Then we will change the date so you will not be able to make the race.

I think this is the only way we can get ahead of you in the points. Just Kidding

Pepper has caused all the confusion. He has prepaid to go to Dallas and test drive an Audi. He is scheduled to be there on the 11th. If we want to plan the schedule around him, then we need to change it to the 18th.

If no one has a problem with the 18th, then we can make that the firm date. The 18th. Going once, going twice.

Mike Steinman spoke to Gram at Iron Rock. The word is Iron Rock will close on Oct 14th.

This leaves us without a place to race our Oct 18th points race. We have some options.

1. Move the race back to October 11th.

( It was moved because of a conflict with Pepper. His Stuffed his kart into the wall comming out of turn 2 in the first lap of the last race and was a DNF, Their is no reason to beleave he won't do the same thing again at the next Iron Rock Race.) Just Joking!!!! But we cannot arrange the schedule around one drivers schedule. We have to think about the entire group.

2. We could Race at the South West Regional Cup at Motor Sports Ranch in Houston Oct. 24, 25 ,26th .

Droping a race from our schedule is not an option, Because the points are to close.

Keep in mind, that at the beginning of our season, we had no idea that iron Rock was going to close.

It may be inconvient to change these dates but we are going to have to deal with it.

Smitty

I would like to see us go to the SWRC event. It will be at a big road course without walls. Very fast and a lot of fun. We would get a lot of exposure for our group.

The down side is the expense. It will cost everyone a lot of money and we will need to get hotels etc.

We need to make a decision quickly.

we can have a meeting this weekend when everyone is together at thunder Hill

Smitty

Mike Steinman spoke to Gram at Iron Rock. The word is Iron Rock will close on Oct 14th.

This leaves us without a place to race our Oct 18th points race. We have some options.

1. Move the race back to October 11th.

( It was moved because of a conflict with Pepper. His Stuffed his kart into the wall comming out of turn 2 in the first lap of the last race and was a DNF, Their is no reason to beleave he won't do the same thing again at the next Iron Rock Race.) Just Joking!!!! But we cannot arrange the schedule around one drivers schedule. We have to think about the entire group.

2. We could Race at the South West Regional Cup at Motor Sports Ranch in Houston Oct. 24, 25 ,26th .

Droping a race from our schedule is not an option, Because the points are to close.

Keep in mind, that at the beginning of our season, we had no idea that iron Rock was going to close.

It may be inconvient to change these dates but we are going to have to deal with it.

Smitty

HOWDY. REFERENCE TO DATE CHANGE. I VOTE TO GO OCT 11TH. SORRY PEPPER. NOT FOR HOUSTON AT THIS TIME. HE ISN'T IN THE POINT CHASE,SO IT SHOULD NOT MATTER. I THINK AT THIS TIME ,HOUSTON WOULD BE TO BIG OF AN EXPENSE,SPECIALLY SINCE WE ARE TRYING TO GET MEMBERS TO GET IN THE NEW "NASKART COMPLEX". LETS TRY TO KEEP THIS LAST PART OF THE SEASON AS LOW COSTLY AS POSSIBLE. LATER. BEANER...........................................

I would like to see us go to the SWRC event. It will be at a big road course without walls. Very fast and a lot of fun. We would get a lot of exposure for our group.

The down side is the expense. It will cost everyone a lot of money and we will need to get hotels etc.

We need to make a decision quickly.

we can have a meeting this weekend when everyone is together at thunder Hill

Smitty

SORRY. I'M NOT FOR IT AT THIS TIME. BEANER..............................

I think the Beaner is corect.

The race we had last Sunday at Iron Rock worked out smoothly.

We can do two weeks in a row at iron Rock. The 4th and the 11th

This way everyons Kart will be set up. It will be inexpensive and the road course is fun.

Plus it will be the last time anyone will ever race there.

We will have plenty of time to rest and get ready for the Final race of our season in Houston on The 8th of Nov

Which is it gonna be?

This constant changing of the schedule is getting old. I'd like to be able to make solid plans with my family for the off-weekends.

Sorry Brian

We thought the changing of the schedule was over. How will moving the race back to tne 11th effect you?

Smitty

Which is it gonna be?

Sorry Brian

We thought the changing of the schedule was over. How will moving the race back to tne 11th effect you?

Smitty

I'll make do with whatever you decide.

Archived