Missing my fuel primer bottle

MIKE, THANKS FOR THE INQUIRY. IT HAS TO BE AROUND SOMEWHERE. I'LL LOOK TONIGHT WHEN I GET TO IRON ROCK. NO ONE HAS TAKEN IT ON PURPOSE. ITS PROBABLY IN SOMEONES BAG. YOU KNOW WE SHARE A LOT OF THINGS,INCLUDING FUEL . YOU MISSED A GREAT RACE AT KATY. WISH YOU COULD HAVE RACED IN IT. THERE WAS SO MUCH TO LEARN. CHAT LATER. BEANER...................

MIKE, THANKS FOR THE INQUIRY. IT HAS TO BE AROUND SOMEWHERE. I'LL LOOK TONIGHT WHEN I GET TO IRON ROCK. NO ONE HAS TAKEN IT ON PURPOSE. ITS PROBABLY IN SOMEONES BAG. YOU KNOW WE SHARE A LOT OF THINGS,INCLUDING FUEL . YOU MISSED A GREAT RACE AT KATY. WISH YOU COULD HAVE RACED IN IT. THERE WAS SO MUCH TO LEARN. CHAT LATER. BEANER...................

MIKE, CHECK WITH SMITTY,I THINK HE FOUND IT AN ITS AT THE SHOP,MAYBE IN HIS CABINET. WHEN WE FIND SOMETHING LEFT BEHIND,WE USUALLY BRING IT BACK TO THE SHOP. SO I'M SURE ITS AROUND THERE. SEE YA THURSDAY NIGHT,7PM. LATER BEANER....................

i think the love bugs flew off with it :lol:

mike i think i put it in one of the totes when we were loading up....ronny

MAN THOSE LOVEBUGS ARE SOMETHING ELSE. I LEARNED FROM A GENTLEMAN THERE,THAT THEY ARE HOOKED UP MATING,AN WHEN FINISHED,THE MALE DIES,AN THEN THE FEMALE COMES BACK LATER AN CARRIES OFF THE DEAD MALE. THATS WHY THE CONCRETE WALKS WERE CLEAN WHEN WE LEFT, I ASSUME YOU NOTED THAT. LATER BEANER...............

i think the love bugs flew off with it :lol:

No joke! I had to use my leafblower to clean the hundreds of dead love bugs from my trailer.

MAN THOSE LOVEBUGS ARE SOMETHING ELSE. I LEARNED FROM A GENTLEMAN THERE,THAT THEY ARE HOOKED UP MATING,AN WHEN FINISHED,THE MALE DIES,AN THEN THE FEMALE COMES BACK LATER AN CARRIES OFF THE DEAD MALE. THATS WHY THE CONCRETE WALKS WERE CLEAN WHEN WE LEFT, I ASSUME YOU NOTED THAT. LATER BEANER...............

I'm sure Ronny will research this for us.........

I'm sure Ronny will research this for us.........

r most of the year, lovebugs are beneficial in that the larvae (maggots) live in grassy areas and feed on dead vegetation within the thatch[1]. This results in not only the eventual release of nutrients back into the soil, but also decreases excessive thatch which can be detrimental to grass growth and serve as a protective cover for serious grass pests.

The adult lovebug feeds on the nectar of flowering plants. Upon reaching maturity the lovebug spends almost the entirety of its life copulating with its mate, hence its numerous romantic nicknames. The male and female attach themselves at the rear of the abdomen and remain that way at all times, even in flight. In fact, after mating, the male dies and is dragged around by the female until she lays her eggs. Females lay up to 350 eggs in debris, and about 20 days later the eggs hatch into larvae. The larvae may live for months before passing into adulthood.[citation needed]

Commercial use of cut sod for "instant" green lawns can result in the transportation of the larvae to newly built developments.

Lovebug flights can number in the hundreds of thousands. The slow, drifting movement of the insects is almost reminiscent of snow fall. The flights occur twice each year, first in late spring, then again in late summer. The spring flight occurs during late April and May. The summer flight occurs during late August and September. Flights extend over periods of 4 to 5 weeks[2].

Mating takes place almost immediately after emergence of the females. Adult females live only 2-3 days.

Archived