Matt Banker #36

LaFont Racing 3

Good job out there Saturday. You were really going after it and thats what it is all about!

I know we talked a little before the race and were talking about how you had spent over $500 bucks to put that car on the track. It is a shame that you were kicked off the track because you didnt' have a scanner. You didn't deserve that. If you do choose to come back, you can borrow mine. I don't need it.

-Clint #3

Yes, it's a shame. But I do not intend to allow this thread to degenerate into a bitch session and I've been around here long enough to know when one's brewing...

So.. before anyone gets on their soapbox about this particular call, let me remind you that TXSZ is not the place to mount attacks on race tracks or their officials.

Thanks.

Nick

Rumor has it, he was black Flagged for not stopping under Red Flag Conditions. Maybe not having a scanner helped that situation along.

Tough luck though Matt. Give em' hell next time. Sounds like you're getting a lot of respect from your fellow drivers.

Wow guys, this is a hell of a thing to come home and read... Kinda shocked me to say the least. I appreciate the words of encouragement and Clint, I truely am sorry that I came over to your pit like that and acted the way I did. To be honest, I wasnt really that mad about what had happened but was indeed really mad about bein kicked off and you were pretty much the only one Ive done some beatin and bangin with so far so I took it out on you.... Really am sorry for yellin like I did.

Jody,

That rumor would be correct, Im guessin they tell you over the scanner to stop immediately and being I didnt have one I went through 3 and 4 and stopped on the front stretch. I honestly can't really remember what happened but Id swear I wasnt the only one that stopped there and actually followed a car or two over there, but I cant say for sure. The wreck happened maybe 3 or 4 car lengths in front of me so I knew what was up. Either way, plain and simple Ill have a scanner next time and there wont be a reason to get kicked off the track.. Id been watching these guys and my Dad race since I was 9 years old and Ive never once seen my Dad get kicked off the track for something other than spinning to many times when he was a rookie so it was a pretty low feeling to expierence. Won't happen again though if its something I can prevent.

As to everyone who offered a scanner, thanks alot. Ive already got somebody lending me one but I do thank yall for the offer.

See yall at the spectacular.

Matt

Matt...really glad to hear the good news. We've enjoyed racing with your Dad, and now looking forward to racing with the younger generation. I've already seen a lot of promise, and heard you involved in several conversations at the track, and I like your way of thinking. Best of luck to the NEW Banker team.

Hey Don...it's difficult to hand it over to the young uns, ain't it? But I think I'm having as much fun. Hope you are too.

Ed

Matt...really glad to hear the good news. We've enjoyed racing with your Dad, and now looking forward to racing with the younger generation. I've already seen a lot of promise, and heard you involved in several conversations at the track, and I like your way of thinking. Best of luck to the NEW Banker team.

Hey Don...it's difficult to hand it over to the young uns, ain't it? But I think I'm having as much fun. Hope you are too.

Ed

Ed,

He said to tell you, it is indeed hard but at the same time its some of the most fun hes had at the racetrack

Also, he said dont doubt he might be back in a car one day... :D

I also need to thank him for letting me take over and helping me with the up keep on the car during the week and other times. Gotta thank Shawn Lehman and Shades also, they have been a big help out at the racetrack and have helped me get faster.

I bought a scanner a couple of years ago. Started using it this year after the track said we had to have them or else. I was really glad to have it the night the rear of my car caught on fire !!!! Thank you again Rick Day for telling me to drive straight to the fire truck ! :) ....I still have my race car & my skin.

i knew you were on fire right away, i knew one of us was. felt like somebody shot 500 degree air in my car all of a sudden. thought my shoes were gonna melt to my feet. donald mack wanted you to stop and get out, from my vantage point i agreed with him.

Ed,

He said to tell you, it is indeed hard but at the same time its some of the most fun hes had at the racetrack

Also, he said dont doubt he might be back in a car one day... :D

I most certainly agree with Mr. Banker and was looking forward to Levi having a school function some Saturday night and the back-up driver having to come out of retirement!.....After Saturday night I guess that won't happen anytime soon! LOL!

Congrats Levi, you continue to amaze me.

Mel

Archived