Texana Results and Summary

For Immediate Release

Texana Raceway Park

Results from September 6, 2008

White Hits A Double and Shafer is Tops in Trucks

September 6th held one of the busiest nights of the season for Texana Raceway Park. With all classes racing, plus kids go-kart races, a demo derby and packed grandstands, it was a night full of excitement. The raceway checked in 104 oval track competitors, 24 go-kart racers and 11 demo competitors. The evening started off with father and son Hot Stock Truck drivers Russell and Justin Bloom as the feature drivers. Both Russell and Justin are fan favorites and it was a real treat for the fans to receive a picture and talk with them in person..

The go-kart races were held after the heats and were set up in two pairings of about 12 karts each. Once a winner was determined for each group, the two winners were placed together for a two lap shoot-out to determine one ultimate winner. When the checker waved it was Corpus Christi’s Cody Leonard taking the honors as the overall winner.

The mini-stocks headed up the first feature events. 13 were scheduled to start although two couldn’t make the call as they experienced mechanical failures. Starting on the front row was Stanley Kraly and Jason Bloom. Kraly was placed to the rear after two bad starts which then brought Jacob Burnett up to the front row with Bloom. Bloom and Burnett cranked it up with a field of 11 mini’s. At the start several cars tangled leaving Ashley Perks sidelined. Bloom and Burnett gave the crowd several good laps of side by side racing until Bloom edged out Burnett. Kraly was moving up through the field after his last place starting position and eventually moved to the front when Bloom got loose coming out of turn two and lost time in the infield. Bloom quickly got back in line dropping into second and following Kraly. When the checker flew it was Kraly across the line first with Bloom, Zachary Tesch, Burnett and Lauren Chamberlain there after. However, a post race inspection revealed an illegal carbuerator on Kraly’s car and Bloom was awarded the win.

49 Jason Bloom

72 Zachary Tesch

04 Jacob Burnett

55 Lauren Chamberlain

24 Sarah Konvicka

6 Alexis Louden

22 Patricia Lucas

16 Chris Jewell Jr.

13 Brice Reed

12 Ashley Perks

The Classic Dwarfs had another full field. Although it was not a full moon, the full moon syndrome was on the field as the group experienced numerous cautions and the end result was determined by the time limit finish. Early in the event, one driver experienced a scary moment as he rolled his car on its side. Driver was ok, but the car will need a little work before the next outing. When the checker flew with the lap shortened event, it was the skillful Mike Christians walking away with the win.

(Sorry, I failed to collect the offiicial finishing order on this class).

As the Texana Bombers rolled out, it was heat winners Chris Shafer and Monty Chamberlain leading the field to green. Shafer got the early lead and Chamberlain followed in second with Danny Bennett dropping into third. Nic Priem was on a mission and moving up through the field. Early into the race, Chamberlain’s motor expired sending him to the infield and Priem moved up into second. Chamberlain’s motor was toast with evidence of an exit hole for the damage through the oil pan. Priem eventually caught Shafer and then moved to the lead position. Once in the lead Priem started distancing himself and carried it all the way to the end with Shafer in second. Especially impressive throughout the event was “the old veteran” Randy Kacir working himself into a third place finishing spot

71 Nic Priem

77 Chris Shafer

36 Randy Kacir

33 Charlie Mills

31 Brian King

R4J Danny Bennett

76 Gary Wright

26 David McBride

04 Aaron Ivory

01 Lane Tipton

1 Nick Moore

5 Jackie Burnett

101 Rickey Koopman

55 Monty Chamberlain

89 Matthew Konvicka

Paul White doing double duty in Limited Modifieds and Modifieds was looking for a two-fer on the night. White lead limited mod field to green and never looked back. Aaron Hudgeons had to settle for looking at White’s bumper on this night as White stretched out his lead while the field stayed under green. Also up in the front pack was El Campo’s “plum crazy” Adam Perks who would wrap up with a strong thrid place finish.

216 Paul White

69 Aaron Hudgeons

12 Adam Perks

82 Josh Majek

10 Wade Moyer

888 Mickey Helms

175 Brian McDevitt

66 Hunt Harrison

21 Victor Lindsey

25 Brian Brooks

17 Greg Brooks

9 David Meredith

6 Vince Louden

Back in action after some time off the Hot Stock Trucks carried a very healthy field and lots of action into their group. Doing double duty, it was Chris Shafer taking the Hot Stock Truck win. The group had an great event, with Bob Ort and Cody Loos trying to catch Shafer, but to no avail on this night. Shafer put down lap after lap with no flaws took the win.

38 Chris Shafer

18 Cody Loos

43 Bob Ort

55 Russell Bloom

15 Gordon Boehm

84 Justin Bloom

76 Justin “Peanut” Airhart

69 Kyle Walker

9 Jimmy Rogers

79 Stephen Wusterhausen

In Super Stocks it was great to see Randy Stevenson back in the group. Stevenson led the field to green. Scott Adair was the closest to Stevenson and gave it a shot a couple of times, but Stevenson was the car to beat on this night and carried it all the way. As this was the last night of points competition a track champion for this group would be determined. When the night ended a points champ for the Super Stock class was determined. With nine years of racing under his belt, G.W. Hessong secured his first track championship. A great showing by the class and lots of action throughout the field.

83 Randy Stevewnson

17 Scott Adair

26 Eric Floyd

17p Nic Priem

49 Robert Danielsen

47 G. W. Hessong

36 Lucky Gilbert

33 Leland Waddell

72 Billy Perry

5 Robert Coe

70 Mike Davenport

18 Dale Caswell

57 Jed Rollins

As the modifieds rolled out there were lots of skilled hot shoes that could have taken win. But, as noted earlier White was on a mission to score a two-fer and that is what he did. White led the field to greek with Nick Hardcastle close behind. Lawrence Mikulencak was close also in the third position. Mikulencak with his years of experience started experimenting with different lines until he found the one he liked. While Mikulencak was looking for a line and eventually passed Hardcastle for the 2nd position, White was checking out. White quickly approached lapped traffic which provided an opportunity for Mikulencak and Hardcastle to gain some ground. But, White managed to work through the traffic with no problems and was led the entire race. Up in the hunt also was Art Rodriguez and Jesse Manning complimenting the top five group. In the end White was tops as he took the win to complete a double for the night. 2W Paul White

2w Paul White

87 Lawrence Mikulencak

94 Nick Hardcastle

76 Jesse Manning

22 Art Rodriguez

26 Darin Leonard

155 Vince Louden

57 Dale Flanagan

96 Foster Ellison

29 Max Helms

85 Jeff Nix

39 Jed Rollins

77 Robert “Cowboy” Carson

10 Wade Moyer

66 Hunt Harrison

Capping off the night was an exciting and crowd pleasing demo derby. With Super Stocks wrapping up their points events, the remaining classes will have their final points night on September 27th and it will be double points. Several champions will be determined on the final night with double points on the line. Also, as a reminder Modifieds and Limited Modifieds will be running for an extra $200 to the winner in each group and $35 extra for every other feature starter. September 27th will also see mechanics races, powder puff races and a special Parents in the Mini-Stocks Challenge Race.

Edited by TRP

We wanted to congradulate #47 G. W. Hessong for winning the points championship this year in the Super Stock Class. We knew going into the last race we needed a good finish and for G.W. to have some bad luck for us to overtake the lead. It came down to the last lap before the champ was crowned and thats about as close as it gets. We gave it our best shot every race with our car to make it faster each race. Even though we came up just short we had a grea time running in the class and espicially at a track that has done as good of a job as anywhere! I hope other steel bodied cars come next year to race in this class as I fell not only us but the #16 Nic Priem showed how competitive those cars can be. Its time for us to prepare for the Texas Grand Street Stock race. If anyone makes it to the race in Nov. please stop by and say hey!

hey trp, i just wanted to tell everyone what a great time i had racing sat night, i drove the #33 car and it was my first time there, i bought that car from walt clark so i was in it sat night, you all had him listed as driver, not that it matters. i have been racing asphalt for fifteen years and that was only my 2ed race on dirt, and it was sure fun, hope i did,t get in anyones way, but you guys put on a good fun show. i,ll see you next year for the whole super stock season. thanks leland waddell austin texas

good luck to ya leland!!

victor...9th??? come on.... :D

I know, I know..lol. I am just thankful I even finished, it was a rough night...lol. If it helps I made it up to fifth before I spun out like a worm.... I still dont know where the left side quaterpanel to my car is...anybody seen it? We did make some money for a special little boy and his family

Edited by vl racing

hey trp, i just wanted to tell everyone what a great time i had racing sat night, i drove the #33 car and it was my first time there, i bought that car from walt clark so i was in it sat night, you all had him listed as driver, not that it matters. i have been racing asphalt for fifteen years and that was only my 2ed race on dirt, and it was sure fun, hope i did,t get in anyones way, but you guys put on a good fun show. i,ll see you next year for the whole super stock season. thanks leland waddell austin texas

oops. sorry 'bout that. i edited the post and fixed it. Glad you had a good time, and thank you for making the haul. You got you a very nice looking car!

just wanted to say congratulations to gw hessong for the championship and robert danielson for 2nd in points. it was fun running with yall this year. hope to be back next year and hopefully not be in the way as i seemed to be at times this year. gonna be a long off season and im gonna need it to get things right.