Caution! Steinomite is back

Mike took his #71 NasKart out to the hot grid late last night for the first of 3 breakin runs. When he fired it up, it sounded different. We unloaded it off the stand and Mike jumped in. He took a few warm up laps to make sure everyghing came up to tempature, while I went to retrive a beacon so we could get some lap times.

Unfortunatly I couldn't find the beacon so as I returned to the track, Mike was starting to open it up.

Thats when I realized that the rest of us were in trouble. The #71 looked like a Rotax. It had a smoth power band and was extreamly fast. It revved quickly and seemed to have lots of bottom and top end.

When Mike brought it back to the hot grid he had a big grin on his face. He said he was going to need to work on the handling because the extra power was a hand full to drive.

Mike had quite a week trying to pull everything together to get this motor rebuilt. His machinist is one of the best in the business but its hard to get him to get the work done. Mike spent numerous hours working at the machine shop helping his guy to get everything done.

The time spent was well worth it. The motor was blue printed and had all the legal modifications done to it. I do mean Legal. Mike assembled the motor with Roy and myself looking over his sholder and inspecting all the parts while Mike wasn't looking.

Congratulations Mike on a well deserved , back in the hunt Motor.

...Congratulations Mike on a well deserved , back in the hunt Motor.

DITTO SMITTY. CONGRATS TO MIKE,I KNOW HE HAS PUT FORTH THE EXTREME EFFORT TO BE COMPETIVE. THIS JUST TELLS ME WHICH WAY WE NEED TO GO NEXT SEASON. I DID SEE EVERYTHING THAT WAS DONE,AN TRUE ITS TOTALLY LEGAL. THE "RS" ENGINE FOR NEXT SEASON WILL BE MUCH IMPROVED WITH SEVERAL IMPROVEMENTS TO COME. NOW IS THE TIME TO EXPERIMENT WITH NEW IDEAS FOR 2009. GOOD LUCK IN HOUSTON THIS WEEKEND. MIKE I HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU. THERE WILL BE SEVERAL MORE IN THE HUNT. I'M SURE SEVERAL NEW RULES WILL BE FORTH COMING FOR NEXT SEASON,WITH SAFETY BE THE MOST CONCERN. LATER.. BEANER....................................

Archived