September 6th Race Schedule

The Race Schedule for the Trucks Drive America Terrier Transportation Free Night featuring NasKarts and Limited Modifieds is now available to view/print by clicking below:

SEPTEMBER 6TH RACE SCHEDULE

$1500 to Win for ASA Pro Late Models & $1500 to Win for Pro Modifieds thanks to Trucks Drive America and Terrier Transportation!

The schedule is also attached below:

SEPT6SCHED.pdf

It says limited modifieds 40 laps.....

More laps per race is one of the appeals apshalt racing has for me, when compared to dirt track. I wish dirt features were longer.

<THREAD HIJACK>

Let me pose the question here: why are dirt features generally only 20 or 25 laps? Why not 30, 35, or 40?

Edited by CC57

you can only make left hand turns in a potato field for so long before it starts rutting apart. if they give one class 10 more laps they would have to cut another ten laps.

some us asphalt guys know where that other lane is. it seems like i'm always getting roosted by a potato farmer that is too scared to search for it. :)

Mini, no offense taken. I knew you were just joking around. And if I wasn't planning on heading to Edna to race this Staurday, I would probably show up out at HMP to see how theLimited race goes. Look forward to hearing//reading how it went.

Sprint, Crazy...boyz boyz, settle down. As one that's done both dirt and asphalt (and maybe y'all have also), I've found enjoyment in both forms of racing.

But I do wish dirt (what I'm currently running) had longer feature races. I think it adds another element to the racing.

And Mini, like you I've been in some of those 20 green flag/ 40 yellow flag races. More than I care to remember. And yes, they - how should I put this --- SUCK! Just last week, our 23 car Mod feature ended under the "time limit" rule. Don't know why we had so many cautions. Track wasn't dry slick, they were a few ruts, but I was able to avoid most of them. I dunno. And I must have re-passed the same few cars 3, 4, or 5 times in that race. And every time I would get into a rythym (sp?) - another dang yellow!

Edited by CC57

CC57,

My joking is all in fun. I have raced both and I can honestly say they are both fun.

Crazy,

The number of laps has nothing to do with a dirt track having ruts. Besides that, ruts never hurt anybody. They just add a little to the excitement. You gotta learn how to drive around or the proper way to drive through them. Just one more thing you need to learn to enjoy the dirt. If you would speed up a little those dumb old potato farmers would not be close enough behind you to root you. ;)

you can only make left hand turns in a potato field for so long before it starts rutting apart. if they give one class 10 more laps they would have to cut another ten laps.

some us asphalt guys know where that other lane is. it seems like i'm always getting roosted by a potato farmer that is too scared to search for it. :)

Speaking of....I sure hope the 28 SS makes a return this weekend.