Casey Smith Looking to Make Three at South Alabama

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Tex Motorsports Marketing

www.texmotorsports.com

Casey Smith Looking to Make Three at South Alabama

Austin, TX (September 3, 2008) - So far the 2008 season hasn’t quite turned out anything to resemble that of the ’07 one for the Casey Smith Racing team. Lady luck was anything but on the side of the Texas based race team as they battled many nights just to finish the race with his #99 Rapid Disposal Chevy Monte Carlo in one piece. Now this weekend Casey will look to capture win number three of the 2008 racing season at the South Alabama Speedway in Opp, Alabama.

The team will make the long trip from Texas to Alabama starting Friday but it may not be the race that is the challenge for the team. Just getting there may prove to be difficult. Smith and company will have to travel across the hurricane hit state of Louisiana where over one million people evacuated the state last week in preparation of Hurricane Gustav. Roads will be busy as residents will be headed back to their homes and the threat of heavy rains and flooding will surely slow down motorists as well.

“Hopefully we won’t have any trouble just getting to Opp. I know there’s a good chance that the roads will be busy, so if I can just get there I’ll be alright. But on the racing side of things I think we’ve got a good shot to make it three out of four at South Alabama. I just have to focus on my race and do what I’ve been doing and everything will take care of itself,” said Casey.

Going into this weekend’s race Casey sits atop the standings and will have to fend off fellow Texas racer Chris Davidson. However; racing again Davidson is nothing new, for Smith it actually brings back old memories of racing in Texas.

“I’ve raced Chris and his dad for a long time; they’ve always been good to race against. I can remember when we still raced in Texas together in the old ROMCO super late model series. It’s actually pretty cool that two Texas boys are battling for the championship in Alabama. That’s just something you don’t see too often anymore,” stated Smith.

For all the latest news on Texas native Casey Smith visit his website at www.caseysmithracing.com. For pr and web related issues with Casey Smith Racing contact Chris Ragle with Tex Motorsports Marketing at cragle02@yahoo.com or call 704.706.3666.

Race Event Info

Saturday September 6th, 2008

South Alabama Speedway- Viper Series

Opp, AL