Chris Terry aka the Oklahoma Kid gives one away

Chris Terry could have sworn he saw the wight flag on the second to the last lap. When he then saw it thrown on the last lap he thought it was the checkerd.

At that point he threw up his fist to celebrate his long awaited and deserved win , only to discover that in fact their was one more lap that needed to be completed befor the checkerd came out.

After a discussion with the officials, it was rulled that the flagman was correct and Chris was relegated to an 11th place finish.

Chris comes all the way from Oklahoma City each race night to drive the Marty Krites owned, Team Rock Hard Racing, #9 entry. Chris has been knocking on the door of the winners circle for the last three or four races. After thaking the Kart back to Oklahoma and doing some major tuning and sporting a cool new paint job , he was ready.

During Practice he set the unofficial track record of 17:34 seconds. leading a 3 kart train. The kart is fast and Chris is an excelent driver.

I am sure Chris will not make the same mistake again and I expect to see him in the winners circle soon.

Congratulations Chris, on the one that got away. You drove a great race

post-8407-1220409157_thumb.jpg

So what actually happened? The caution did not come out when the anouncer anounced it and the score board showed 1 to go for atleast two laps. Do the drivers all see the flagman or (as in my case) is it easier to read the score board as you go down the front stretch? Also, I was just curious if all of the bumping and getting sideways is normal or were a few people just a little looser than others?

P.S. It was a great race, keep it up.

So what actually happened? The caution did not come out when the anouncer anounced it and the score board showed 1 to go for atleast two laps. Do the drivers all see the flagman or (as in my case) is it easier to read the score board as you go down the front stretch? Also, I was just curious if all of the bumping and getting sideways is normal or were a few people just a little looser than others?

P.S. It was a great race, keep it up.

THANKS FOR THE QUESTION. BUMPING OR GETTING SOMEONE SIDEWAYS ISN'T ALLOWED. ALL THE DRIVERS KNOW WHERE IT IS LEGAL TO TOUCH,OR START THE DRAFT WITH SOMEONE. WE DO NOT PUT UP WITH HARD HITS ARE GETTING SOMEONE SIDEWAYS. WE ARE GOING TO FAST AN WITH NO ROLL CAGE,OR SAFTYBELTS, WE REALIZE ITS VERY DANGEROUS. WE GO OVER THIS EVERY DRIVERS MEETING BEFORE THEY EVEN TAKE PRACTICE LAPS. WE POLICE OUR GROUP VERY CLOSE. WE HAVE A BUNCH OF GOOD DRIVERS ,AN THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE COMING ABOARD WITH LITTLE EXPERIENCE. BUT WE WORK TO HELP THEM BECOME BETTER RACERS. THIS IS A VERY FAST AN FUN CLASS OF KARTS. "NASKARTS" IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE FOR UP COMING DRIVERS WHO HAVE THE DREAM TO BECOME NASCAR,OR OTHER KINDS OF RACING. I HOPE THIS ANSWERED YOUR VERY GOOD QUESTION. THANKX. BEANER...............................

Archived