MINI INDY 500 RACE

THE FIRST ANNUAL MINI INDY 500 RACE WILL BE HELD SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 27TH. 2008 AT THE OUTLETS AT CONROE IN CONROE, TEXAS

VENDORS MUST CALL FOR SET UP TIME AND DATE, PRYOR TO SEPTEMBER 15TH. IN ORDER TO BE A VENDOR FOR THIS YEARS EVENT, SET UP FOR VENDORS WILL BE FRIDAY EVENING, SECURITY IS ON SITE 24/7 ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BE A VENDOR MAY CONTACT DEL HARRIS AT 936-449-4444 SOME RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

THE PARKING LOT WILL OPEN @ 7:00AM FOR SET UP OF OFFICALS AND VOLUNTEERS, A MEETING OF ALL OFFICALS WILL BE HELD @ 9:00AM FOR INSTRUCTION, ALL VOLUNTEERS NEED TO BE ON SITE BY 8:30AM TO REVIEW JOB DISCRIPTION.

SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS EVENT WILL NEED TO BE IN PLACE NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 15TH. TO MAKE SURE YOUR COMPANY IS WELL REPRESENTED, CONTACT DEL HARRIS @ 936-449-4444 TO BE A SPONSOR OF A ANNUAL EVENT THAT IS TO BENEFIT ADULT MENTAL AND PHYSICALLY CHALLANGED PEOPLE, THIS EVENT WILL GIVE SCHOLARSHIPS TO ALL OF THE RESIDENTS OF THIS FACILITY AND HELP THIS FACILITY TO DEVELOPE A 47 ACRE SUBDIVISION THAT WILL BE TOTALLY SELF SUFFICIENT WITH IT'S OWN STORE, GARDEN CENTER, PHYSICAL FITNESS CENTER, AS WELL 24 HOUR LIVE-IN LICENCED CARE TAKERS, APARTMENTS, DUPLEXES, CABINS, MINITURE HORSES WITH A VERY NICE BARN FACILITY. THIS FACILITY IS ALREADY IN OPERATION WITH APPROXIMATELY 20 SOMETHING ADULT'S THAT WORK DAILY FOR THE TRAINING NESSESSARY TO LEARN WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE IT ON THEIR OWN, THEY GO TO OTHER ACTIVITIES SUCH AS THE THEATER, BLUE BELL ICE CREAM, INCREDIBLE PIZZA AND SING KARAOKE, AND A NUMBER OF OTHER ACTIVITIES THAT THIS FACILITY WILL PROVIDE. THEY WILL HAVE GOLF CARTS TO USE AT THE SITE AND MUST BE TRAINED TO DRIVE THEM AND PASS A AGILITY TEST BEFORE THEY CAN DRIVE THE CARTS, ALL PASSING THIS TEST IS ISSUED A GOLF CART DRIVERS LICENCE.

THIS RACE IS BEING PUT ON FOR NEW DANVILLE, A SPECIAL PLACE FOR SPECIAL PEOPLE, IT IS LOCATED JUST NORTH OF CONROE IN THE WILLIS, TEXAS AREA ON SHEPHERD HILL ROAD JUST WEST OF IH-45, THE RACE WILL TAKE PLACE AT THGE OUTLETS OF CONROE @ LEAGUE LINE ROAD & IH-45, IT IS A SHOPPING MALL WITH NIKE, LEE JEANS, AND SEVERAL OTHER NAME BRAND STORES. THERE ARE HOTELS WITH A 1/2 MILE OF THE MALL, ALL FACILITIES ARE VERY NICE AND ALL RACERS WILL RECIEVE A DISCOUNT FROM THESE LOCATIONS.

THE MINI INDY 500 RACE IS PROMOTED BY; DEL HARRIS / PRO2000RACING,

ALL REVENUE FROM THE PROMOTION OF THIS RACE EXCEPT ITEMIZED EXPENCES, WILL BE 100% DONATED TO NEW DANVILLE. THE OUTLETS AT CONROE IS FURNISHING THE FACILITY FREE FOR THIS EVENT AND WILL DONATE 1/2 OF THE VENDOR FEE'S TO NEW DANVILLE. A LIST OF ALL SPONSORED FUNDS WILL BE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST AND A TOTAL TALLY OF FUNDS WILL BE MADE PUBLIC SO THAT ALL INVOLVED WILL KNOW THE GOAL THE WE ALL MADE POSSIBLE.

I PERSONALLY WANT TO THANK ALL THE PEOPLE THAT MAKE THIS HAPPEN, BECAUSE THE FOUNDER OF NEW DANVILLE AND I BOTH HAVE CHILDREN WITH THIS CHALLANGE, MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

THANKS, DEL HARRIS / DRIVER #1 PRO-STOCK AT HMP

CONTACTS FOR INFORMATION: DEL HARRIS / pro2000racing@yahoo.com or 936-444-4444

KATHY SANDERS / NEW DANVILLE 936 344-6200

JANETTE HUFF / HUFF MOTORSPORTS 281-442-7744

TANYA / OUTLETS AT CONROE 936-756-0904

THIS RACE WILL BE RUN LIKE A NASCAR EVENT IN GO CARTS LIKE INDY CARS, FOR EXAMPLE THE CARTS THAT RAN THE HOUSTON GRAND PRIX, THERE WILL BE LIVING MUSIC INTERTAINMENT AT INTERMISSION. WE WILL START QUALIFING HEAT RACES AFTER THE DRIVERS MEETING AT 10:00AM, AFTER THE HEAT RACES WE WILL HAVE INTERMISSION WITH EVENT ACTIVITIES, THEN WE WILL HAVE OUR MINI INDY 500 RACE, THIS EVENT SHOULD BE OVER BY 3 TO 4 PM, IF YOU RACE ON THAT DAY, YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY PROBLEM MAKING YOU RACE. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SEVERAL RACE CAR OF DIFFERENT CLASSES FROM DIFFERENT TRACKS ( ASPHALT OR DIRT ) TO DISPLAY FOR THIS EVENT, WHO KNOWS, YOUR SPONSOR OR POSSIBLE SPONSOR MAY BE THERE, HOPE TO SEE YA SOON!!! ;)

I've heard from Del and this will also involve some significant promotional exposure for some Texas race tracks. Normally, TXSZ does not permit posts for the various good causes that come our way, but this one also involves some significant involvement and promotional opportunities for the tracks.

Let me know if TXSZ can get more involved, Del.

Nick

i'd like to thank nick for allowing me to do this because, this is not just to benefit new danville in our efforts to have this go-cart race, it is also to promote racing in general for our area, we need a lot more racers thinking of themselves being their on promotor, without us drivers and owners out doing our job to bring fans, sponsors, and more cars to our industry, we may not have a place to race. like wise, i have a 28 year old daughter that at 11 days old had spinal meningitus with 105 fever and spinal fluid went to her head and left her with cebral pulsy for the rest of her life. this to my wife and i was just like a tornado that came up out of the blue and tore us up, the only thing is that a tornado goes away, this is a life time with no cure.

that is why i am promoting this race along with promoting our area race tracks at the same time, i need several cars from houston motorsports park, gator motor plex, 105 speedway, and houston raceway park on september 26, 2008 before 9:00pm or by 8:30am on the 27, if you want to promote your sponsors and tracks, this will be a good opportunity to do so, this race will be over by 4:00pm, you should have plenty of time to get to the track where you race with no problem. anyone interested in helping me with this very werthy cause, please contact me as soon as possible, all money recieved from this event except for cost will go 100% to new danville community, again, thanks to all of my fellow racers for coming together to make things happen, del harris 936-444-4444 :D

CAN NASKARTS ENTER THIS RACE...OR YOU ALREADY HAVE KARTS TO RUN THE RACE? WOULD BE FUN TO RUN IN THIS RACE FOR A GREAT CAUSE!

JUST CURIOUS.

WWW.NASKARTS.COM

this is a spec cart race, althou i wish some of the guy's with the naskarts would bring them over, if enough showed up, i would give them a race just for the show and entertainment for these disable adults. the other carts are paying $550.00 each just to race, but this is a charity race and all funds from entry fee's goes 100% to new danville. if you can get some of your guy,s together, give me a call, thanks, del

• 2 weeks later...

the mini indy 500 race set for september 27th, 2008, has been post-poned until futher notice, will anyone that knows about this race please help me to get the word out to other racers from hmp and thr, many thanks from del harris, i will make a new announcement after we confirm a new date. thanks again, del

Edited by pro2000racing

• 4 months later...

new date for the 1st. mini indy 500 race will be saturday march 7th. 2009, same location, lots of things going on, anyone that wants to be involved in a very worthy cause or to dis-play your car for the up comming season to promote all area race tracks, please give me a call. only we can keep our sport alive, thanks, del harris 936-444-4444 for more info.