Rules for Next Year

All right guys, the rules for next year are now done.

We are changing the Super Stock Class to the Limited Late Model Class and the new rules are on the website now.

Here is the link to our site, I-37 Website

The rules are on the main page. Just click on Limited Late Model Rules.

Enjoy!

Well class looks awesome sure wish I had the money to run in it! Please dont take this negative but in this day and age where just driving to a track is a challenge is this in the best interest of i37? I thought the front runner class was a definete step in the right direction to help those that want to get into it cheaply providing you have the time to build the class. Real curious what is going go happen to all of the super stock drivers/cars, whats going to happen to the pure stock and street stock rules? :blink::unsure:

Not Much? :D

I think the real 105" rack in pinion steering with the true front tube racing chassis late model by itself will run around any current super stocker updated or not. One more thing I am curious about is how many current super stock cars plan to update and run in this class? Hey Cassy what has been the feedback very many interested so far?

Dont get me wrong I would love to see this class takeoff and have 20 of em out there. This is my favorite class, Boy that would be sweet! But with them not racing anything like this around here its a tough sell in this economy.

Maybe Dancer Motorsports can come on and share his thoughts. This year he sold his dominating super stock he raced at Edna and is racing a crate late model in Houston. Mind you the Limited Late Model Class has the ability to make alot more horsepower then a Crate Late Model do espicially with a wide open 4 barrell on top of it. I am sure he will tell you the difference between a Limited Late Model and a Super Stock is Very Big! So far the only thing I see that makes them Limited is the possible tire still in the air and steel wheels. Anyone see anything else?

Hmm, actually you may not be able to run a rack and pinion type steering after rereading the rules. Man there is so many to sort through. That would surely keep the big type cars from competiting against updated super stocks. So having a stock front clip may not be at such a disadvantage after all. Well get so people on here and talk it up and promote it. Plenty of time for those wanting to run to get em together for '09.

Don't forget the quick change, or was that allowed this year,not that it is a big advantage other then cheaper gears and ease of change. Rack and pinions might be a better savings then the antique setups due to availability from the current bunch of cars being made(getting one from wrecking yard) less linkage to bend.

Reading the rules, it says no rack and pinion steering...It does look to me like there just trying to get asphalt latemodels...actually the rear suspension rules are not very clear...looks like the will only allow a 4 link if its stock...and only 1 type of spring top link...which is not clear on what they want to allow...the quickchange I belive most tracks allow that now (and think they did last year) I was hoping it was a real limited latemodel...I would like to have a place to run a latemodel somewhat close, that is my favorite class..but...oh well....I do have one question...why are only front wheel drives allowed in the front runner class(besides the name) Well good luck no matter what they do...hope it works..