Houston

Just curious if everything is a go to both races in Houston. Is anyone staying Friday night then moving south for the next race Sunday, or arriving Sat morning and staying one night leaving on Sunday. Does anyone have what would resemble a schedule for race day at both events?

Mike #3

BASIC RULES FOR HMP AND SOMEWHAT OF A SCHEDULE....NOTICE THAT ALL DRIVERS MUST HAVE A TRANSPONDER!!!!

GRAND SPORT RULES:

Kart Racing

The Grandsport Kart Challenge

To help Karting grow in the Houston area GrandSport Speedway has started its own karting organization and administration. Our goal is to place 100 new Karts onto the by this time next year!

You preregister right here on line by clicking this sentence!

With the future modifications GrandSport will have several options for Karts to run. GrandSports administration has committed to making Kart racing in the area grow! We would like to see 200-300 road race and sprint karts racing out there in the next few years. We are going to do what it takes to make this happen!

Race Entry

$75 for first Kart and $40 for the second. Kid Karts $ 40. This includes no longer includes lunch. Please be advised - all preresgistrations must be done through GrandSport's office or this website.

Gate Entry

Drivers, Crew, Guests and Public $5

The GrandSport Kart Challenge Schedule

September 7, 2008 Sunday Counter Clockwise

October 5, 2008 Sunday Clockwise

November 9, 2008 Sunday Counter Clockwise

December 14, 2008 Sunday Final Race and Series Banquet - Clockwise

If you have attended at least two of the last three races this one if free. Yes it is our Christmas Gift to you!

Other Kart Racing

In the near future we will also be offering our corporate racing league and endurance race series.

As mentioned previously we will be offering a few new race series for our Corporate league for adults to come and race in our Karts over a season long series. In addition several endurance races will be scheduled throughout the year. All karts are welcome for the endurance series while our league karts will be eligible for cash and product prizes. Karts identical to ours league Karts will be offer for sale and will be required to meet the original spec in order to compete.

General track rules and regulations

- All waiver signing and issued wristbands will be purchased and issued upon entry to the facility. No pre-purchase of wristbands.

- Pre-registration can be done online(Click here!) or by sending your registration form and payment to 8776 E Shea Blvd, B3A-117, Scottsdale AZ, 85260. Pre-registration is for only race entry and will be picked up when you are signing the waiver upon entry to the facility.

- No refunds will be given for breakdowns. If your breakdown occurs before your first race a credit will be issued for the next event. If your breakdown occurs after the start of your first race no refund will be issued.

- No motor scooters allowed in pits.

- Gates open at 7:00 AM. Practice 9-11PM. Qualifying 11-12 Noon. Racing until we are done!

2007HMPOVALRULES.pdf

Everything is a go for this weekend in Houston. No rain in the forcast.

We will be leaving Iron Rock on Saturday morning around 11am to arrive at Houston Motor Sports Park by the time gates open at 4pm

After Saturday night we will head south to our Hotel near Garnd Sport Speedway.

Gates open at 8am. we want to be their early

How many karts are going in Marty's trailer?

Brian

It is going to depend on how many stackers we can get. So far we have 2 doubles lined up. I have put in a call to Tim Self asking to borrow a couple of his.

Bottom line is we do not know as of yet how many will fit into Marty's trailer.

We will keep you posted

How many karts are going in Marty's trailer?

Brian

It is going to depend on how many stackers we can get. So far we have 2 doubles lined up. I have put in a call to Tim Self asking to borrow a couple of his.

Bottom line is we do not know as of yet how many will fit into Marty's trailer.

We will keep you posted

OK. I've measured mine and I can squeeze 4 karts total(standing). I talked to Jim Mullins yesterday and it doesn't look like he's going to be able to make it.

Archived