ASCS Sprints - Aug 30th

TRP

The ASCS Sprint Cars are headed to south Texas for a three day blitz on August 29, 30 & 31. They'll be stopping at STS, Texana and 105 Speedway. The ASCS Sprints will be stopping at Texana on August 30th, plus, Bombers, Limited Mods and Mods will be running for extra money ($1,000 extra in the purse for each of the three support classes). This is a great opportunity for especially limiteds and mods to run up the coast for back to back money.

Below is a copy of the flyer for the event. Also, go to the Texana home page www.texanaracewaypark.org and click on the image for a larger view and for printing:

ascspic_laborday.jpg

Borrowing a little information from one of my other posts, here is some good info on some of the names planning to hit Texna for the August 30th event.

Jason Johnson - Hometown: Eunice, Louisiana. 28 ASCS National Tour feature wins before the start of the 2008 season. Current ASCS 2008 National Tour points leader. Most recent win was on 8/3/08 in Knoxville, Iowa, at the Brodix Tournament of Champions aka Knoxville Nationals with over 100 competitors. Jason is on top of his game right now, and we're very fortunate to have him planning to attend. Here's a link to the write up on the Knoxville win by Jason: http://www.ascsracing.com/racenotes.asp?ID=57842&yr=2008

Travis Rilat - Texas native. Former ASCS National Tour champion. 22 ASCS National Tour feature wins before the start of the 2008 season. A top contender at any ASCS event, keep an eye on the #29. Here's a link to Travis' bio onthe ASCS website: http://www.ascsracing.com/ascsdriverdetail.asp?id=368

Kathryne Minter - The 17 year old high school senior from Bedford, Texas who's a huge hit with the fans of all ages. Kathryne started off in mini-stocks racing at Grand Prairie Speedway just a few years ago, quickly moved up doing double duty for a very brief time in a Limited Modified and Sprint cars, primarily at Cowntown Speedway, but almost immediately decided to give full attention to the Sprint Car. This year she joined the ASCS National Tour. Here is a link to Kathryne's personal website: http://www.mint13.com/

On 8/22/08, Travis Rilat's dad, Greg won the ASCS Gulf South event at HOT in Waco. Greg, from Texas City, will be looking for another win when he heads back to the southern part of the state next weekend. Here is Greg's bio on the ASCS site: http://www.ascsracing.com/ascsdriverdetail.asp?id=504

After a rain out of a race planned for 8/23 at the historic Devils Bowl Speedway in Mesquite, the series moved the event over to the high-banks of Cowtown Speedway in Kennedale. Kolt Walker who normally runs in the Sooner region came in and took his first ever ASCS feature. Not certain if Kolt will make our event, but if he is able to head down our way, you can bet he'll be ready to back that feature up with another win. Here's Kolt's bio on the ASCS site: http://www.ascsracing.com/ascsdriverdetail.asp?id=14184

If you've ever wanted to see some top notch Sprint Car drivers, this weekend will be your chance. You won't want to miss this unique opportunity with the nationals having the weekend off and folks like Travis, Jason, and Kathryne and others planning to make the trip to compete with the ASCS Gulf South Series.

Remember we'll also have Bombers, Limiteds, and Mods, all having an extra $1k in their purse. It is a regular points night, so regular fees apply to the bomber, limited and mod racers (ie; $40 for car and driver, plus transponder rental..... first time competitors annual registration fee applies)

All other pit passes are $30 (except ASCS cardholders will only be $25) , General admission is only $12 for adults and $10 for senior citizens.

this weekend is a great opportunity for the limited and mod drivers to cash in on payback three nights in a row with Friday, Saturday and Sunday events, ****Saturday at Texana****

Got a call from Kathryne Minter's dad today seeking directions to the track. They are laying out their route for the weekend. Alright!!!! Now, we need good weather from here thru the Labor Day weekend. Lot of good racing scheduled in the south Texas region Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights! One of the best opportunities to get your racing fix with three full nights.

I wil be there with bells on...lol hey monty how fast do ya think them thingies will be going by the end of the straightaways?

I'm so excited about this event. We estimate they'll be hitting 120 to 125 mph coming into turn 1, given the long straights. My guess is they'll be about 10 mph faster on the front straights than the back with the launching pad coming out of turn 4.

Hey, does anyone have a radar gun we could get some speeds with?

-Monty

Remaining somewhat on topic...

Was it ever determined as to where one could obtain transponder lap times? Hopefully from a site similar to "MyLaps".

Thanks

At present, they can be requested from Chelle at the pay window after the night's events. You can receive in hard copy. We did the initial research and Chelle was looking at it as time permitted. The MyLaps data is proprietary to ANB transponder system. Currently there is not a specific on-line link with the Westhold system which we use, but they have a beta site. Chelle discussed with the Westhold rep while he was at the track in July and she gathered some further info. It's not as automatic or as easy as the ANB / MyLaps technology, but she'll continue looking at it to see if there is something that could be done. Doesn't look like we'll solve that one before the end of this season though.

Just too many irons in the fire right now....

Brenda, if you can, please make contact with Doc for me and see if he can bring with him.

Also, bring your flash drive with you, and we'll go up to the scoring booth and see what we can do. I don't have a spare one right now, but if you have one we can test with, I will buy one permanently that can be used back and forth and give to you.

thx- Monty

Brenda, if you can, please make contact with Doc for me and see if he can bring with him.

Also, bring your flash drive with you, and we'll go up to the scoring booth and see what we can do. I don't have a spare one right now, but if you have one we can test with, I will buy one permanently that can be used back and forth and give to you.

thx- Monty

Done...Get with Doc tomorrow for the gun....and I have 2 flash drives in my purse....lol

how is the weather looking so far? sure am lookin forward to a good night of racing.

Weather looks good. We haven't had any rain at the track all week, so that was a great help from the heavier rains the previous 2 weeks. Chances on Saturday are the lowest they've been all week. So, lets's get 'er done!!!! Crews were working on the track all day Thursday and Friday. Bruce put lots of water on the track the past 2 days and will put more on Saturday. There should be quite a bit of moisture within the soil soaked in.

Also, thank you Brenda for making contact with Doc.

See Y'all Saturday.

-Monty

Archived